No NEC this year

There will not be a NEC show this year but they are looking to sort something out.

Perhaps we should sort out a large show somewhere.

nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean. :wink:

Pete b

ps parajet have a second hand motor with a full reconed engine for sale £3,700.

Wasn't there some discussion about using Dunsfold?

How about a big hangar for demo-ing wings with hangar doors open at each end and large fans to generate a through wind??? A nice laminar 7mph would be great.

Having seen the video of Simon nil wind launching the Fusion at the NEC last year this doesn't sound so stupid!

Ian.

Wasn't there some discussion about using Dunsfold?

How about a big hangar for demo-ing wings with hangar doors open at each end and large fans to generate a through wind??? A nice laminar 7mph would be great.

Having seen the video of Simon nil wind launching the Fusion at the NEC last year this doesn't sound so stupid!

Ian.

The old RAF cardington site is sitting practicaly empty, one of the huge airship hangers is never used, the other is used for fire training, its pretty central in the country, easy access from the M1 and has a load of fields around it :D

I believe at one time there was talk of some freeflying training in one of the hangers.

Dave.

Having looked at booking events at the NEC in the past I'm sure that the huge costs have been the biggest issue plus the costs that each stand then has to pay to be there!

I reckon if it was done in a field with a large barn or a marquee it could turn a small profit whatever the weather although insurance is the other killer these days!

I thought you were looking into this Simon?

I'll bring some musical entertainment!

We at the EMPC ( East Midlands Paramotoring Club) have the facility to use over 100 acres of mown grass land and erected marquees after a rather large agricultural show at the end of July.

We are more than happy to host a paramotoring event with representitives from all in the paramotoring industry.

The cost would be negligable for all because the marquees are erected for the agricultural show and left in situ for several weeks afterwards to air them.

Port a loos are on site any way and there are other attractions if it is not suitable to fly (How about driving a tank over cars, or paintballing). Camping isn't a problem and their are seveal B&B's within stumbling distance.

All would be welcome, so long as you abide by air law if flying.

See the site at

What do you think folks?

Regards

EMPC

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EMPC/