Battery charging

Hi all. i'm looking for some advice about charging the battery on my paramotor. It's a bit low and does need a charge. At the moment I don't own a car charger at all so with a view to buying one that might do the car too, what do I need? How much charge can I put thru a small battery? Most of the car models start at 4amp. Is this too much power? I wouldn't want to blow the thing up. I would make one-hell-of-a-mess of my new kitchen :lol:

Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff

I bought a low amp "battery keeper" at my local car battery centre, for lead acid batteries. About 20 quid and doesn't fry them. Use it on the big tractor batts aswell. Another trick I've used on the bike battery which powers a gas gun (for bird scaring) is a solar panel trickle charger. About a tenner on ebay.

Dave

Hi all. i'm looking for some advice about charging the battery on my paramotor. It's a bit low and does need a charge. At the moment I don't own a car charger at all so with a view to buying one that might do the car too, what do I need? How much charge can I put thru a small battery? Most of the car models start at 4amp. Is this too much power? I wouldn't want to blow the thing up. I would make one-hell-of-a-mess of my new kitchen :lol:

Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff, as long as your battery is a twelve volt you need one of these

http://www.optimate-chargers.co.uk/?gcl ... 5QodOWZ-RA

That link is to the latest model but if you go on ebay and type in optimate you can pick up the older ones for about £20, for a couple of quid you can buy a lead that attaches permenantly to the battery so you dont even have to remove the battery for charging, they will charge your battery and then moniter it for any signs that it is losing power, they will also recover deeply disharged batteries.

Dave.