EC rebate

cinereus

Shame.

I guess the Oudie does count though. But apparently they are going to change the eligibility so that only P rated qualify. In which case, any Ps not going to take it up and would let me get involved? ;)

Edited by cinereus

• 4 weeks later...

I have just bought an Oudie 5 and applied to the CAA for the rebate via their website. It’s been a little while and I’ve had no response as yet. I was going to get the Oudie regardless but the rebate would be very nice. 

I’ll keep you informed of any progress if and when anything comes back

I've bought the Pilotaware Rosetta with £163 rebate approved by the CAA

I bought it because I think we will be forced to get something because of changes like the impending drone corridor down the M4

I think the power of Amazon and delivery companies will outweigh anything our small community can do

If we have to have something I'd rather have it at half price

I've found that the  Rosetta and its power supply power bank fits neatly into a Gin radio holder

I'll post photos if I can work out how to do so

20201109_194643.jpg

20201109_194714.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 02/11/2020 at 18:45, AndyB said:

I have also asked them for a rebate as a non-BHPA member. I pointed out that saying membership of BHPA is required, but it is an organisation that does not represent all ppg pilots and hence is unfair. They are considering what I said!

Hi Andy

Did they get back to you with an answer to your question?

Regards

Nige

17 hours ago, Viking1000 said:

Hi Andy

Regards

Nige

Nige,

given the scheme is due to end on 28th Feb, if you're interested in this, it might be worth you getting in touch with the CAA yourself ECRebate@caa.co.uk

Happy to report I've received my rebate for purchase of SkyEcho, but I applied in October, on the first day it became available.

On 31/12/2020 at 14:47, Viking1000 said:

Hi Andy

Regards

Nige

I emailed them on 15 Dec and the auto response said 10-30 working days to get a reply. Not too useful and no reply yet although we’ve only just passed the 10 working days I suppose. 

They have got back to me twice...both times saying they are discussing the issue I raised that only half of UK paramotor pilots can claim this benefit!..........................probably because they only spoke with Morgan, who forgot to mention the other half of us.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Update. 

After many emails with CAA I have now had a telephone conversation with the man responsible for the EC rebate. He is now fully aware that stating BHPA membership as a requirement rules out over half of the UK ppg pilots. The key requirement is really that we are UK based and properly into the sport ie trained with a qualification. He is now going to alter the requirements and then let me know when this is done. He asked me do I know if others have been stopped from applying because of this and I said yes. So, if you are non BHPA and still interested, send me your details and will pass them on.

Andy 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AndyB said:

The key requirement is really that we are UK based and properly into the sport ie trained with a qualification.

And therein lies the rub; to what standard? Originally the requirement was BHPA membership, which cut out a large swathe of people, and was the original unfair classification. Then the CAA changed it to BHPA Pilot rated, which took out another chunk. I'll be interested to see how they back-pedal now.

Their main criteria is "UK pilot". Their choice of BHPA, or BHPA Pilot was trying to find ways of limiting it to UK. I have discussed my qualification, APPI, with him. Because it also covers non-UK pilots it will not be used. It is likely they will look for a proof of UK residence and not use qualification...or just sort them manually on the data provided.

Well coincidentally I just got an email reply. 

Dear Mr Jones,

Thank you for email regard to the Electronic Conspicuity rebate programme.

Unfortunately, you are not eligible to apply as we have no mechanism of validating that the individual is actively flying. Our partnership with the likes of BHPA aims to guarantee a cross-checking mechanism of pilots and to avoid fraudulent claims. 

Below are requirements needed to be able to apply:

• Funding is for carry-on or aircraft-fitted devices only. Ground system components do not qualify for this scheme.
  • Applicants can claim a single rebate of 50% - up to £250 - on EC equipment purchased.
  • Only equipment purchased from 1st October 2020 until 28 February 2021 will be eligible for rebate. 
  • You must produce a proof of purchase receipt.
  • You must hold at least one of the following UK issued pilot licences (UK or EASA part FCL):
  • Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL)
  • Commercial Pilot’s Licence (CPL)
  • National PPL (NPPL)
  • Sailplane Pilot’s Licence (SPL)
  • Balloon Pilot’s Licence (BPL)
  • Light Aircraft Pilot’s Licence (LAPL)

Or be a registered member of the British Gliding Association (BGA), or a member of the British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (BHPA) holding a current 'Pilot' rating.

• Alternatively, if you are UAS/UAV operator then you must hold an authorisation issued specifically to them by the CAA (i.e. a permission, exemption or “operational authorisation”). General Exemptions, permissions or authorisations which are aimed at a wider and nonspecific group of operators are not included

Our eligibility requirements are under constant review and we will update the website if any changes are made.

Kind regards

EC Rebate Team

4 hours ago, AndyB said:

Yes. But I have now spoken with the guy that wrote the rules and he now understands that he has made an error as BHPA membership rules out over half of UK ppg pilots. Send me your details and I will forward them to him.

That’s good I understand that thanks and appreciate you efforts too. I assume my email is from someone else who dies not know about your discussions. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...