Atom 80 exhaust discoloration

Ohhhhh, 

That's a new one. First time I have seen that on an ATOM 80. 

If it's not running hot, it's not a problem (although a little unusual) I guess though if you are not happy fire it back to the dealer for advice or contact Vitto directly. Personally, I still don't think its a drama as long as your temps are good. 

SW :D

My Atom 80 is well past 11 hours and has no sign of similar discolouring.  Could that part of the exhaust been exposed to intense UV light (e.g. welding)?  I notice that the orange nut/bolt marker above the silencer in the top picture has also changed colour.

My guess would be its down to a small gap in the glass packing material allowing raw gas to cook that spot.
The Atom is unexpectedly quiet so I guess there are various well thought out layers of glass fiber and stainless wool....?

Not sure it would be any issue other than aesthetic... would be nice if you were sent a replacement though :) 

If it where more serious, I would expect the down-pipe to cook.... But that's a guess.

I have sent photos and email to vittorazi, but not had reply, it's in a skymax star frame, thought it would be easier contacting the engine manufacturer,than Russia. It is a heat problem but engine is running no problems good oil mix,just over50/1 ,and plug is good colour. I think it is something to do with the packing in the silencer as mentioned,it just makes it look awful,I await a reply from Italy👍

7 hours ago, Blackburn Mark said:

My guess would be its down to a small gap in the glass packing material allowing raw gas to cook that spot.
The Atom is unexpectedly quiet so I guess there are various well thought out layers of glass fiber and stainless wool....?

Not sure it would be any issue other than aesthetic... would be nice if you were sent a replacement though :) 

If it where more serious, I would expect the down-pipe to cook.... But that's a guess.

That has never crossed my mind but makes perfect sense! I learned something new today :-)

SW :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Safron said:

£100 for new outer silencer, and£30 for new wadding,it's not that bad .

Technically, that ought to be on the manufacturers dime and is what I assumed they would offer you at the minimum.
If the aesthetics didn't matter, then why would they put dye in the anodizing?
I sympathies with the manufacturer to a point.... They ought to sympathies with your willingness to piss around rebuilding their error out of the exhaust.
If £130 "isn't bad" then Vittorazi ought to be cool covering it AND be thankful you are willing to skin your knuckles rebuilding it.

However, if £130 is nothing to have a heart attack over in Safron land, then I apologies for rattling your cage on the issue :) 

It's a 2018 ,I bought it in 2019, when it had 5hrs on it,I still haven't had a really from vitto, sad really as they are market leaders in paramotor engines,I thought I would of had a instant reply,I've emailed and messaged on there Facebook site

8 minutes ago, Safron said:

It's a 2018 ,I bought it in 2019

That makes it a tad more tricky despite that its an assembly error.
I am now split on the issue... If they gave me a new outer tube and packing mat I would feel they had done me a favor AND if they refused I would feel they shirked a "minor" trespass.

It might be worth learning to enjoy your custom "Sun-Burst" exhaust just in case :)