Hi, I'm wanting to start a new hobby. I've not got money to burn but got a bit in the bank. I'd love to be able to do this but... you know I've done a bit of research and its not 100% clear/specific. Now I'm usually called a tight person shall we say,as I'm from Yorkshire so all corners I can cut the better. But... if I'm going x=amount of ft or meters in the air I obviously don't want to do it blinkers on per say. I'm,shall we say a  bit on the larger size so what I've gathered I'd need a motor/wing for tandem etc. But I've just no idea where to look for motor,wing,basic training etc. Ebays good for a second hand car or kettle. I mean I'm not stupid and I'm a quick learner but you know,you can't learn everything off youtube can you. Any help to point me in the right direction would be very much obliged. thanks guys and gals.

Best thing to do before you even look at kit is get some training. Not only will you see if this new hobby is for you but also you will learn a lot from the people you meet and they will be able to guide you in your purchases. I'm sure some of the guys from around here will be able to suggest a good local training centre.

Where are you based? 

Hi Barry, there is plenty of kit for the larger pilot and coming on this site is a very good move as most kit for sale on here is of known provenance. Another very respected source of 2nd hand kit is CMParamotors, http://www.cmparamotors.com/

However the advice above is very wise. Get some training and you will understand a lot more about what is needed and whether it is a sport you want to pursue. There is quite a lot to learn to become a safe and proficient pilot.

Good luck in your endeavours.

On 18/07/2019 at 14:26, Adam Ferguson said:

Best thing to do before you even look at kit is get some training. Not only will you see if this new hobby is for you but also you will learn a lot from the people you meet and they will be able to guide you in your purchases. I'm sure some of the guys from around here will be able to suggest a good local training centre.

Where are you based? 

Bolton or catterick garrison. Either or.