Parajet Maverick vs nitro 200

Oscar

I’m 65kg pilot but have around 50 hrs flight time and looking to get something with a bit more power, reliability and light weight. 

I currently fly a ros 125 with a pap 1250 cage. It’s really heavy torque is ok but still turn left a little. I fly a speedster 2 24m and love it ❤️  

With the the new motors I would 100 % be looking to get the torque offset wing things which clip on your net ?

any advice would be appreciated

oscar

I was about to post this up on a different thread...

another unit that might fit into the same category your looking at. 

24.5kg same weight as the Mav not as light as the AC but way stronger than the AC and Mav so sits very nicely in between both..   

30075987998_3682d6e7bb_z.jpgMacFly1_Quarter_Right_1920 by mark.morgan07, on Flickr

30075988718_befe5ff3b5_z.jpgMacFly1_Quarter_Left_1920 by mark.morgan07, on Flickr 

8 hours ago, cas_whitmore said:

They all much of the same , but I like the look of that  also the netting/lacing ' with those little rings is a good idea much less faff than rivets ,very nice ?

cas .

Everyone that tried one on and tried to bend the cages at parafest were all surprised how light and how strong it really is. 

The lacing on the Standard and folding cage is very easy to replace if you ever break it. unlike others that use rivets or loops made from the same material.  If your unlucky enough to break it We normally keep the netting in stock and sent it out for free. 

Also the netting is not netting. They look like individual lines that just cross each other, but are not not attached at the crossing points. It looks like something could easily push thorough it as the strands can just push to the side (as they are not attached like netting).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kiwi k said:

Morgy do you mean hand bend or actual crash bending ?

I have crashed my motor once coming in at 8mps and walked away but i have not crashed the other two.. ;-)   But comparing all 3 flexing the cages, it's clearly stronger.  

7 hours ago, AndyB said:

Also the netting is not netting. They look like individual lines that just cross each other, but are not not attached at the crossing points. It looks like something could easily push thorough it as the strands can just push to the side (as they are not attached like netting).

Just using netting as a generic term..  but it is just one complete line not multiples and I have done all sorts to try and get the throttle and my hand through the "netting"  while in the hang rig but have not been able to do it..    I know many people who have had to have new netting on the other paramotors.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AndyB said:

In fairness, most have moved away from this design of 'netting' due to the obvious issues concerning it's lack of effectiveness. 

SW :D

• Like 1

On 10/08/2018 at 18:15, admin (Simon W) said:

In fairness, most have moved away from this design of 'netting' due to the obvious issues concerning it's lack of effectiveness. 

The New PAP tinox uses the same style these are Great machines!! ParaElement used by the Polish team and very popular in poland  also uses this same style.. Some would argue that most of the Net's used today are Flimsy and break to often and have too much give... ;-)  I know i had to replace or fix my Zenith netting multiple times, Not due to prop damage but due to wear...  One of our customer has over 250 hours on his machine and has not worn out his 'netting mine is 3 years old but i see all the time people moaning about the flimsy nettings and have had to replace after a few hours of use!! Costing them well over £100-£150....   Flimsy is not my words, these were taken from a Review recently done ;-)   

The early Mav's had issues with the nets (those that did have had free replacements and kept the spare) :-) 

The problem has now been eliminated as far as we know, and IF there is an issue again in the future it too will get sorted. 

Your turning into a bit of a Dell with your 'god like perfect in every way machines' chap LOLOLOL 

I personally don't like the 'not net' style of approach for what I assume are obvious reasons... Each to there own I suppose... 

30 minutes ago, admin (Simon W) said:

The early Mav's had issues with the nets (those that did have had free replacements and kept the spare) :-) 

The problem has now been eliminated as far as we know, and IF there is an issue again in the future it too will get sorted. 

Your turning into a bit of a Dell with your 'god like perfect in every way machines' chap LOLOLOL 

I personally don't like the 'not net' style of approach for what I assume are obvious reasons... Each to there own I suppose... 

No machine is perfect Simon.. some are just designed better than others..   some machines suit X pilot and others suit Y, we always tailor a sale to what the Pilot wants not just what we sell and have advised in the past to buy something more suitable to there needs not just selling the Newest Machine in there range like some!!! I guess its the same when you look at the machines with generic geometry and have multiple engines in the same frame set up, they will fly ok with 1 motor but torque like a bitch with another...Anyone got any Lamels?? ;-)    Hahahha....    Anyway i need to go and check my Crumple zones.. Yeehaaaaaa...   

• 1 month later...

Specs is an easy comparison as Flying and ownership is subjective to individuals  

Air Conception Nitro, 19.5kg pull start, 20.5kg electric start, also an e.start clutch option 21kg, supplied with carbon e-prop, Titanium frame, SupAir evo harness made to AC spec (lighter fabrics), carbon seat plate, underseat air bag, side mounted reserve, comfortable sized throttle with soft grip, torque offset weight shift in titanium, 100% variable hang point adjustment with sliding collar, the knotted netting is riveted (It is secure, easy to repair, cost effective to replace) the frame is available in 140cm hoop for 125prop (72kg thrust) or 150cm hoop for 140cm prop (76-78kg thrust*) and there’s XL 165cm frame for 150cm prop (80kg thrust) 11.5 litre tank or 15 litre tank or even a soft fabric tank. Nitro burns on average a bit less fuel than Moster. Nitro proven reliable.

mav specs as I know them, could be wrong in places:

moster or eos?

Moster Mav is more popular than eos, more proven. Pull start 24.5kg, Apco or Dudek harness, I think they are Dudek now I’m not sure. All branded Parajet. Dual start is 26kg? ish. Titanium frame 138cm for 125cm carbon prop. Alloy throttle with trigger style. 10 litre fuel tank which is quite a feature of the design. Alloy weight shift with torque offset. Knotted netting (a little thinner net on the ones I’ve seen) clever clip on painted plastic hoop design for the netting. (Quick to replace netting a little expensive)

They are both good machines. The AC is lighter, the Parajet has some nice design features. The only let down on the Moster is the silly exhaust ring thing which needs changing every 20 hours. One day they will fix it.

An advantage to the maverick is if you want a smaller engine, you can choose one of the 80-100cc options.

Advantage to air conception, light weight and the Nitro engine. Also if you want larger the tornado engine. Underseat airbag may one day be an advantage. 

strength, they are all titanium frames, only design changes will affect strength and they both have elements to aid in that respect. 

Im sure there is way more to say about each. I’m trying not to over sell the AC, I just know more about that machine. 

Edited by custom-vince