Paramotor and Wing Insurance + 3rd party liability

Hi, 

I'm soon to be entering the world of PPG in the UK. I have a background as a Commercial PG tandem pilot and was a PG instructor l, both jobs were in New Zealand. I will be staying with my parents and friends  in the UK and would like to get my gear insured, mainly for theft and fire.  I don't think it would be an option under my parents house contents and would like a policy of my own ideally. 

Also who would insure me for 3rd party liability? I have no formal PPG training and have no desire to join the BHPA and don't want to have to do a PPG course and obtain a UK rating. 

You will be stuck between a rock and a hard place I think.

There is a thread going on about insurance and the almost impossible task of obtaining some when 'aviation' is mentioned, unless the quote is ridiculously high.

Simon offers 3rd party cover via Axa but I think they require confirmation of training. Simon will be able to confirm.  

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 09:39, alan_k said:

You will be stuck between a rock and a hard place I think.

There is a thread going on about insurance and the almost impossible task of obtaining some when 'aviation' is mentioned, unless the quote is ridiculously high.

Simon offers 3rd party cover via Axa but I think they require confirmation of training. Simon will be able to confirm.  

We do not offer cover via AXA

We have our own insurers who are underwritten by Lloyds of London. :-) But yes, we can offer 3rd party insurance to those who have training / can fly and have the required base knowledge. 

Link to our insurance company: http://www.alan-thomas.co.uk/paramotor-insurance

SW :D

4 hours ago, admin (Simon W) said:

We do not offer cover via AXA

We have our own insurers who are underwritten by Lloyds of London. :-) But yes, we can offer 3rd party insurance to those who have training / can fly and have the required base knowledge. 

Link to our insurance company: http://www.alan-thomas.co.uk/paramotor-insurance

SW :D

Thanks for the information Simon. Maybe once I get my motor launches dialled I'll do a PPG conversion course with you or a school so that I have a UK rating. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

Just would also like to know. I am looking to become insured and attend some fly in's. I have been trained via skyskool linked to Parajet here in Dorset. I see that confirmation is required via PMC. Is the training i have already under taken suitable or will i need to take further test/training with PMC, if further is required can i ask what is required.

Many thanks

• 3 months later...