Helmet failure

Quinoxyfen

After shelling out £110 on a helmet I am less than impressed with the build quality,and how easily this ripped out. I think I will use my old full face m/bike helmet.

Close up of where the peltor ear defender was attached, there is not much holding the nut in

57336432c5c26_ImageUploadedByPMCForum143

Edited by Guest

That look like a piece of junk to me dude. :-(

The idea of having bolts that long pointing at the side of your head is a little concerning.

Send it back I recon.

SW :D

i put the ear defenders on, the bolt is well within the depth of padding inside, I was more concerned with the ease with which the whole thing came off, I only lifted it to take the helmet off, the captive nut only appears to be held in by the depth of the coating on the helmet.

The thickness of the padding and liner is there to absorb energy in the event of an impact. This happens by crushing them to almost zero thickness. A bolt like that would be as desirable as a hole in the head :shock:

I would expect any external fixing on a safety helmet to be designed to come away in the event of an impact, but if it came away just by lifting it up, that is clearly inadequate.