Just got off the scales...

poz

Hmm, it would appear my new Thor 250 weighs in at 38kg...dry :|

Add to that enough gas for a couple of hours work...7.5kg

....and my very dodgy 51 year old spine.

Interesting times ahead 8):lol:

Interestingly enough, to me when they're on my back they all feel the same i.e. 'kin heavy but manageable for a few seconds. Whether it's my PA125, Thor 200 and now the 250. Might have something to do with pre-launch adrenaline.

Mind you, I haven't tried this new motor yet as the weather's been crap.

Thanks guys. That's made me feel a whole lot better :|

Are you able to hand start whilst in flight? If not, how are you getting around the problem?

I've had to resort back to a foot stirrup as i did with my old PA125. I will miss the easy over-shoulder starting from the Thor 200

Well done :)

Is your starter positioned over your shoulder? If so, any chance of a couple of pictures including a close up. The reason I ask is because my 250 has been fitted into the frame of my 200, which had the starter over my shoulder, and worked a treat. However, Pierre has refitted the starter down on the left side as he says the compression is too great to start over the shoulder whilst in-flight.

If you are saying you do exactly this, then I'm going to ask him to relocate the starter over my right shoulder. Pictures to show him would really help.

Thanks Morgy

ps you're not a 20 stone bodybuilder are you :lol:

Hi Poz

I'm 73kg and built like a rake.. you must be just a wimp... :wink:

Check out our Facebook page for photos...

https://www.facebook.com/SussexParamotors?ref=bookmarks

https://www.facebook.com/SussexParamoto ... =1&theater

Trust me Mark, these days I very much feel like a wimp. Getting old is shite.

73kg on a 250, crikey you must go up like a rocket!! Last time I was 73kg I was doing a paper round

I'm trying to work out why my starter cannot be over my shoulder. It's not that it can't be pulled, but more that the flash starter isn't reaching the 'turning the engine over' stage, if you know what I mean. I wonder if the starter cord is too long (thinks out loud)

When standing up i do find it a little too long. But when seated on the floor Or inflight It's easier But i don't really have an issue starting it while standing

Mine is much easier to start now it's running on the second one down on the needle.. I was running it in on the 3rd one down

When standing up i do find it a little too long. But when seated on the floor Or inflight It's easier But i don't really have an issue starting it while standing

Mine is much easier to start now it's running on the second one down on the needle.. I was running it in on the 3rd one down

That's interesting, i'll be moving mine to the 2nd one down once i've put a few hours on it. Thanks for the insight