Any Lancashire based pilots?

paul2289

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Have you had any luck finding anybody? I'm new to all this, I ordered a Flymecc Carbon this week and will be doing my training with Yorkshire Paramotors over the next few weeks, hopefully in time for spring.

I've been doing some searches and I've not seen too much activity around the Lancashire area.

I'm based in Preston.

Would be good to get in touch.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Paul, Paul Kilburn (Manchester Paragliders) is part of the Lancashire hotprops and also has a

paramotor school on the East Lancashire Road nr Astley. Can recommend learning with him. Also the hotprops sometimes meet and fly from the beach at Heysham.Give him a call 07859 922868

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks for the replys i have not logged in for a while. I start my training in Spain in a weeks time so depending on how it goes i will be looking to buy some kit and start ASAP.

I tried to join the Lancashire hotprops Yahoo group but it just times out so i am not sure if it is used anymore. I was away on the 9th otherwise i would have gone down to Heysham for a chat as i am only 15 minutes drive away.

I will get in touch with Paul when i am back.

I have also been told a guy called Mark Diggle fly around Lancaster (i think he has been over my house a few times thus getting me interested in the sport) does anyone know him?

Ben, good luck with your training, i will get in touch when i start flying and maybe look to go from Pilling beach some time?

Paul,

I'm in the middle of my training right now, I've been heading over to York to do my training with Marko from Yorkshire Paramotors - great experience, would definitely recommend him - well worth the extra bit of driving. I should hopefully do my first solo next time I head over.

Would be great to meet up once I've got a few flights under my belt, great bunch of lads over that side of the Pennines, but I'm really looking forward to doing a bit of local evening flying over this side too.

Good luck in Spain.

Cheers,

Ben

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

How did the training go in Spain?

Well I've got my kit managed to do my first two flights this weekend. And loved it! I'm well impressed with the Flymecc Carbon motor.

A few more lessons over in Yorkshire and I'll be starting to think about finding somewhere a bit closer to Preston.

Can anybody suggest anywhere local that people meet at?

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I had a great time in Spain. I managed to get my CP completed in the two weeks. It was touch and go as we had a couple of days of rain (yes it rains in Spain!) and my last day was crazy with 5 flights and 10 hours in a hot field. I even managed a 40 minute flight touching 2,500ft which was amazing.

Now back home i am waiting for my kit to arrive. I am buying a new Gin Mirage and a secondhand Parajet Zenith which is what i trained on.

In terms of flying in the local area i have been in touch with Pennine Soaring and a although they mainly cater for free flyers one of their coaches is a Paramotor pilot and is really keen to get more Paramotors in the club. He lives in Preston and has a nice big field near Clitheroe to train in.

I have also made contact with a guy who flys locally however he is very experienced and it would be a while before i am keeping up with them :).

There is also Manchester Paragliders and Lancashire Hotpots with at least one of those clubs flying from Heysham.

I will send you a PM if you want a chat one evening?

Ta,

Paul

• 3 years later...