Ozone Speedster or Roadster ???

rob999

Nothing in life goes smoothly does it...

No Revo2's avail for at least 6 weeks possibly more. My instructor and supplier has suggested either the Roadster or the Speedster as a suitable alternative.

So advice is required by preferably by those that have flown the both and can make a valuable back to back comparison, or Speedster owners who could offer advice for a novice.

I've had 4 solo flights so far. By the time I take delivery I should have another 3 days flying in the bank, average 2 flights per day minimum totalling 10 flights, maybe 15. I weigh in at 82k body weight and will be flying a Volution with a Minari motor. My chosen style of flying is mainly cross country with some lower flying as experience progresses.

I wish I could get to Simons fly in, but its just not possible..

So, any advice please... :wingover:

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I am in the same situation.

I am PG pilot with many years of experience now in transition to PPG.

Lately I have used to fly (PG) a high end EN-C wing - very fast and dynamic with incredible glide. We used to fly in rough conditions, with thermals.

For PPG I purchased in June a Parajet V5 with Revo2 wing.

I got my engine 3 weeks ago, but my Revo2 is predict only for October; I know guys in Paramania are doing their best, but I am thinking to change my order and get a Speedster; maybe delivery time be shorter and match my trip plans in September (tickets already paid :( ).

My question is same as Rob (I think), is Speedster still ok for me??

By my previous PG experience I don't have much concern on flying it self, but would like to know specifically about Speedster behave on take off and landing compared to Revo2 wing. Thoughts about Speedster flying behave is welcome though.

I heard Speedster is even more easy to take and landing than Revo2... so would like to see more comments here.

I am 75Kg, my engine is about 28Kg (empty). So, I think the size for me is 26 (Ozone informed in flight weight of 80-110Kg), correct??

thank you,

Silvio - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Parajet Zenith, Bailey V5, Wing???

Hi

I am exactly the same as you 75 kg but with Bailey V5. I use a 24m and is about perfect for my weight. I got rid of my 26m for a little more speed and agility. I can stil thermal well and free fly it.

normally around 2 weeks to us depending on colour and stock..

We have a 24m instock with us.

I think you will get bored with a revo 2 very quickly ..

Hi

I am exactly the same as you 75 kg but with Bailey V5. I use a 24m and is about perfect for my weight. I got rid of my 26m for a little more speed and agility. I can stil thermal well and free fly it.

normally around 2 weeks to us depending on colour and stock..

We have a 24m instock with us.

I think you will get bored with a revo 2 very quickly ..

Thank you Morgy,

Compared to Revo2 how is Speedster for easy of take off and landing?

Cheers,

Silvio

The Speedster is very light on take off the Revo IMO feels slightly heavier and a faster take off speed.

On slow the speedster is very floaty depending on the size and wing loading.. I always land on full fast trim for a much better flare authority.

Slow trim on the revo felt faster to me.

People who own the Revo love it.. But there normally not Pg Pilots.

This is just my opinion Others may disagree.

Rob the Speedster is a C-class wing (take away the speed value and its a B). I think there has been quite a few people use it to learn on but I'm not going to advise you there.

Sil, The speedster is not fastest glider.... ok maybe it's in bottom of the top 4 or 5 for its class. So if you want to go in a straight line fast look elsewhere or buy the 24m. I'm 80k and have the 26m.

The speedster is a bit different from of any of the paramotor wings that I have been on (standard weight & C class) the speedster is the most dynamic and paraglider like of the lot. I also come from the paraglider world. I had a Dudek Nuc and it is a fast bit of kit but for me not as dynamic as the Ozone (It can be but requires allot of brake input or brake and ball combo).

The reason I bought the 26m was I use it in the mountains and paramotor. Glide is I think equal to a DHV 1-2 no more.

It has the lightest breaks as well for the days you want to really through the glider around. The wing tip steering is indescribable lol maybe "pull = instant spiral"

I personally like the Ozone for the paraglider feel it has. When I'm going XC I'm always the last one of the lot unless I go full reflex then I'm out in front (the guys here don't like the reflex to much lol) if they did I would be back of the bus again.

But I have to be honest with you on slow (neutral) I really like the feel.

If I had the cash I probably would buy the 24m too (like morg did)

Hope this helps....

The reason I bought the 26m was I use it in the mountains and paramotor. Glide is I think equal to a DHV 1-2 no more.

If I had the cash I probably would buy the 24m too (like morg did)

Hope this helps....

Thanks Tom,

much appreciated sharing your experience and impressions on Speedster :)

BTW, where do you live here in Brazil?

Maybe one day we can get in touch and fly together...

Silvio

I live in Vitoria Brazil (easy to find on Google maps)

It is diffidently flying country here. I have two flying sites within an hour that are on the world comp agenda every year (there is many others as well). Check out my local on paraglidingearth http://www.paraglidingearth.com/

I was not able to make it to the mountains last Saturday but a buddy of mine did. He was nice enough to inform me Monday that after 90min of flying around he got tired and decided to land. Due to the high he was still on he proceeded to drink way to much beer. I only had one response for him (F@#$ off and get out of my office).

The paramotor flying here is really nice to. The beaches run forever.... how far do you want to fly..... regulations.... how do you spell that? You can park the 4x4 on the beach or real close unload and go. Hell sometimes if you cannot access the beach launch from the first suitable location next to it. People love to watch no one tends to get uptight its fresh entertainment for them.

However summer here is windy and even myself I tend to stay out of the mountains during this time (thermals are 8-9+) I personally seen guys land with 10.8 on the Verio not for me lol. BTW he was still white as a ghost when he landed!

During summer I motor on the light wind days and kitesurf on the 20kn days (these 20kn days are quite often during the summer). The thermic mountain activity pulls the sea air in fast :)

If you get up in the morning you can motor almost every day no matter the season (excluding rain). I'm just too lazy to get up early for anything... lol

I'm moving now but my old place had two extra beds never used.... sad.... Oh two years ago I hosted to comp pilots for two weeks no charge (well my beer bill.... I think that fair lol)

I can also get you a place to stay at the base of the mountain cheap if needed I know quite a few of the guys there and it’s crazy beautiful (all really nice people)

As for the wing, are you close to morgy…. I would go down to his shop bug the shit out of him until he hands his wing over for a test drive. Then you can see what I mean. Being from the paraglider world I found that I didn't like most of the paramotor wings (I do miss the Dudek Nuc from time to time) . There’s a feel that I’m use to and the Ozone even being the slower of the wings was the only one to offer the feel and feedback I was looking for. I also like a wing that is dynamic and turns on a dime and the speedster excels in this area no issue (the 24m would be crazy fun).

So try some wings out it might save you from buying the wrong one first.

Wings are like women in many ways only difference is we can try as many as we like at no charge and they don't mind.

Cheers

T