Dudek Synth or Revo2?

Advice and comments please.

I am getting ready to buy my first wing, having got into my training with Simon W.

I have done all my ground handling and my 1st flight on a Synth 29. I'm 105kg so that is probably too small for nil wind conditions so I will be looking for a 34, to cope with an all up weight of around 145kg.

So before I take the plunge,are there other Reflex alternatives I should be considering? What about the Revo2 in a 29? It seems to the inexperienced eye to be aiming at the same sort of pilot level as the Synth.

So what do you pundits say? And do you think I am considering the correct size versus my weight in either wing.

Oh I suppose I should say I will most likely be looking to pair it with a v2 Parajet Macro, when I find a good one.

Patrick

I find that the Dudek kit is made of tougher stuff (thicker fabric?) and great for newbies...

The revo 2 is also great for newbies... it has a lighter design and very easy to light wind launch but seems to age faster.

Please don't let my reply stop others from giving your thoughts?

SW :D

Advice and comments please.

I am getting ready to buy my first wing, having got into my training with Simon W.

I have done all my ground handling and my 1st flight on a Synth 29. I'm 105kg so that is probably too small for nil wind conditions so I will be looking for a 34, to cope with an all up weight of around 145kg.

So before I take the plunge,are there other Reflex alternatives I should be considering? What about the Revo2 in a 29? It seems to the inexperienced eye to be aiming at the same sort of pilot level as the Synth.

So what do you pundits say? And do you think I am considering the correct size versus my weight in either wing.

Oh I suppose I should say I will most likely be looking to pair it with a v2 Parajet Macro, when I find a good one.

Patrick

can only speak of the revo2 as have only owned that one, found it really easy to launch as most paramania wings are, pretty forgiving of bad piloting, nice and stable, rock solid in the rough stuff.

from what I have been told the synth would make an equaly good beginners wing.

I've never owned either, But I do have a Dudek Nuk and I can say nothing wrong about the quality and stability of the wing/manufacture. They are stable as.... that's for sure.

I don't think you can go wrong with either but I will bet if you buy the Dudek it will be the faster of the two. This will allow you to fly with any wing (nice feature when your flying with buddies).

Oh love the bag and riser bags that come with Dudek lol

cheers

T

• 1 month later...

I started out on a synth 34 and loved it, but they are a big bugger in 34 ! Nil wind launches are challenging to say the least!

If a 31 would have you at the top of its weight range I'd be going 31...

Friend has one for sale offers around £1000. Orange / white