Speed Comparison (Apco, Dudek and Ozone)

Just thought I’d post this for anyone looking at gliders. I have a Dudek 29 & Ozone Speedster 26 and fly with and Apco Force 28 almost every Flight. I also fly with a bunch of others but they just don’t enter the speed area to be considered

First thing that is a bit shocking is the Ozone “speedster” is the slowest of the three for sure.

I fly the Ozone with the Apco almost every flight. I’m about 100- 105k all up and he’s about 117-120 all up so things are for the most part even. To keep up to the Apco in neutral I need to be half reflex. The Apco is considerably faster.

Now on the Dudek Nuc I’m a little underweight and all I have to do is add just a touch of reflex and I start to pass the Apco.

So after all this testing if I had a Dutek Nuc in 26 it would be the fastest of the three.

I have to say the Duduk’s glide is the worst but if you want speed it’s the glider.

Anyone else have the same experience?

Like all this there is good and bad.

Now the speedster is the slowest for sure. I still believe its not full reflex glider. I’ve even done the full reflex full brake test and nothing happen. I would never do this on the Nuc. You can use the speed bar through the entire rage of reflex the speedster.

I do enjoy the Ozone for flying in lift. Due to the slow speed you can work thermals with ease I find the Nuc a little harder due to the speed.

But if you’re looking for a fast XC glider the Ozone is not the glider for you. I was going to sell the Nuc 29m but at 80 with a miniplane I come in right at 107-111kg (100 – 130kl Weight range* EN/LTF ).

I’m thinking of keeping it for XC type flights now.

I would love to have a 27m / 25m to rip around in.

If you have a nuc now and like the speed I would get another just smaller like a 25/27 to rip around in.

Cheers.