Macro luggage carrying possiblities... vol biv

I'm planning (weather depending) on flying up to the fly-in next month, it's a 96mile trip and I have had a very kind offer of a field and fuel roughly halfway in Telford :-)

I have some light weight kit I want to take with me for camping and want to come up with a safe way of carrying it. I have a solo cooker, food, tent/bivvy, sleeping bag, mattress, and a few other essentials (coffee!) into a small bag and down to a weight of 4.5 kg's

Any Ideas of best way to carry it? I'm thinking left hand swing arm or under seat board? I have tried it on the swing arm and it doesn't seem to get in the way of anything! at least not whilst running around the garden :shock: , reserve would still function as intended...

I'm still within the weight limit for my wing! opinions/ideas would be appreciated :D

Tom :D

(Rigging is temporary for mock up only!

)

ScreenShot2013-03-18at110626.png

ScreenShot2013-03-18at110616.png

Loose the mattress and use your wing to save space. :-)

If you can get all of your stuff into a small back pack, you can have it on your front while flying.

SW :D

Cannock even.. :roll::oops: that's not a good start!
Who flys from Telford Tom ?

Doh....

Bag on the front could be difficult with front mounted reserve' date=' but may be an option :-)

Homer S :-)[/quote']

Bag on the front and reserve mounted on left arm.

Or dump the food and stove ect as there will be enough good people there to make sure you get well fed and watered.

Who would share their food and tea/coffee with a pilot that flies this far to a fly-in??

Me for one

Cannock even.. :roll::oops: that's not a good start!
Who flys from Telford Tom ?

Doh....

Bag on the front could be difficult with front mounted reserve' date=' but may be an option :-)

Homer S :-)[/quote']

Bag on the front and reserve mounted on left arm.

Or dump the food and stove ect as there will be enough good people there to make sure you get well fed and watered.

Who would share their food and tea/coffee with a pilot that flies this far to a fly-in??

Me for one

Thanks Pete :-)

Mattress? I once suggested somewhere about using bubblewrap and carrying it in a centre wing cell.

What ya reckon?

Nige

Not sure I'd be too keen on putting anything in the wing :-/ using the wing as a mattress seems like the solution and that solves the problem of where to store the wing too.

:-)