Flying Suit ZIPS?

My wonderful better half is going to replace mine :D

The only zip long enough I can find is a sleeping bag zip. I don't think these are double ended so i was thinking of fitting two zips with the closed ends butting together at thigh position. That's where I normally open the two ends to anyway.

Cheers,

Alan

Hey Malc - one of my (BlueSkyBlue) leg zips eventually broke - the slider snapped apart, I called BSB but they just import them so no spares. Thought about how to save it and was able to use the slider from the breast pocket. Had to do a bit of knife work to remove it but it was easier than stitching in a new zip - worth a shot.

So when are you back on TV ?

Yeah,

Both long zips on my suit broke, I took it to the dry cleaners and was quoted £20 a zip to replace. Unfortunately getting hold of the right length was impossible so needed to fit 4 half length zippers at £5 each.....£100 for zips on a £90 suit :(

So, Ebay For chunky zips. And 4 nights of unpicking and re-stitching with a borrowed sewing machine. It can be done, but it ain't fun.

Your on your own ther Malcs :D

Colin B

just look up a local dress maker or dry cleaners. They can quite often do zips (even the big ones)

My local dry cleaner / repair shop did just that and it only cost £13

They simply cut the plastic zipper part out and stitched a new one onto the remaining bit of zip fabric.

Just a 'standard' type of zip not the chunky plastic style but already got one extra season out of it and should hopefully last this year as well, so happy with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your replies chaps, for some reason I wasn't getting notified of responses.

Think I'll just wait until it gets a bit warmer and fly without the bloody thing but I won't scrap it just now!

Cheers

Malc

PS: Dan, it was on last Thursday but you can watch it again and they kept in my prop breaking moment which was kind of them http://www.channel4.com/programmes/loca ... episode-15

I can do the zip for you with a heavy duty zip. Cost will be £20 + the cost of the zip. If you measure the zip length I will get a price for you. I take it you want a zip that will open from top and bottom? email me if you want. name is Norris.

if you want to leave it till later no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Norris, I didn't see your message as this thing won't send me notifications for some reason.

Anyway, I got a local lady to do it for me in the end, £25 including the zip and it's better than it was before so chuffed with that!

Cheers

Malc