Independent Paramotor Owner Survey. (iPos). :-)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for everyone who's completed this. There have been 198 responses from the EMEA region. I'd therefore like you to pick the lucky recipient of the Paramotor Mag subscription.

I'll therefore take the first number between 1 and 198 posted in response. I'll then notify that person by email and once they've accepted the subscription I will let Paramotor Mag know too.

Thanks again for completing the survey. I'll post the results soon.

regards

Al

Hi everyone

I've now heard from all the lucky recipients and have forwarded contact details to the guys at Paramotor Mag.

To prove these are real people I've asked them to confirm some of their survey responses. So, congratulations to :

Brian of Davis CA

Greg of Matlock Derbys

Peter of Nelson NZ

Paramotor Mag now have your contact details and will be contacting you directly.

Thanks again to those of you who took part.

Not being a creative type I'm slowly pulling the results slowly into a presentable format.

All the best

Al

Hi There,

thanks for all your patience. I've finally managed to get it into a format that I can understand. I've published it online as an infographic.

Please note. I'm not a creative type, so it's pretty basic. I've also had to sanitise ALL the data so that it makes sense and to ensure that duplicate entries were removed.

There is a table contained within but you MUST read it with a pinch of salt. It is based on a small sample but it is totally relevent to when looked at as a dataset.

I have NOT segregated the data into manufacturer by region, though this can be done.

I would also like to stipulate that you use the data "as-is" and that any conclusions, decisions etc that you make are entirely your own. I will and do not accept ANY RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER for any loss of ANYTHING if you choose to use the information.

This has taken me the best part of a month to sort out as it's been a learning curve for me too.

I plan to do this again later in 2012 and will also look at a wing survey in the next few months.

Whilst I never planned to pay for it, the survey has been successful enough to warrant me paying to both run and host it. I bear those costs at my own expense.

I would appreciate feedback and critique but sent to the email address i've set up.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to take the survey. Hopefully it will be useful to you.

All the best

Al

http://paramotorsurvey.cloudstrategies.co.uk/

Mate, I do applaud your efforts 100% and I urge you to continue with it for sure!

MUCH bigger numbers are required as a global percentage for it to work well, and I will do more to promote it next time round (as long as it is not seen as a PMC thing of course)

I don't have anything against mini plane's I swear, but 'best frame' just proves the point.

SW :D

Mate, I do applaud your efforts 100% and I urge you to continue with it for sure!

MUCH bigger numbers are required as a global percentage for it to work well, and I will do more to promote it next time round (as long as it is not seen as a PMC thing of course)

I don't have anything against mini plane's I swear, but 'best frame' just proves the point.

SW :D

Sorry Simon,

Didn't see the quote above. No problems knew it wasn't a knock. As you know I'm the last person to be able to confirm the validity of the results. In one way it helped by having no bias whatsoever. In others it hindered in that trying to get in contact with folk has been notoriously difficult. The numbers by region will be different. It's just pulling them together hasn't been easy.

Still. The next one should see a better response.

Cheers

Al