paramotor on a hanglider

taildragger

i saw on an old you tube video a very modified paramotor harness and engine mounted by some kind of hinged link to a hanglider. v expensive apparently.

any reason why a standard PM harness +motor couldnt just be hung in the normal hanglder fashion, by a strop, say, to the harness hangpoints, pilot launches a la doodlebug?

im sure im not the first to think of this, but cant see why it wouldnt work. mind you, im not in a rush to be the first to try it, either.

Dave

i saw on an old you tube video a very modified paramotor harness and engine mounted by some kind of hinged link to a hanglider. v expensive apparently.

any reason why a standard PM harness +motor couldnt just be hung in the normal hanglder fashion, by a strop, say, to the harness hangpoints, pilot launches a la doodlebug?

im sure im not the first to think of this, but cant see why it wouldnt work. mind you, im not in a rush to be the first to try it, either.

Dave

Best to use hinde link to hg.you could use say paraglider tandum spreader bar with straps to harness.but you would get sore arms trying to stop the ppg pushing you thourgh the control frame,the doodlebug has metal tube from bug to hangpoint so you cant swing towards control frame,try it,you will need a small frame ppg.having it fixed to hg keel would stop the unit swinging into the rear wires.straps only will not,or just use a doodlebug less weight to carry on your shoulders as rear legs take the weight of the unit,,,,,,,,

thanks for the comments. the video is the one i saw. would love to see video of or description of previous tries mentioned, though.

Dave

Colin lark flew a discovery hg with a ppg,he did away with the rear wires,and fitted struts to the side wires,but he knew what he was doing as he made the discovery hang gliders.he did fly a discovery and doodlebug to spain with no back up.just took a tent with him.

I have a Solar Wings Typhoon on an Ultrasports Tripacer trike with a superb Robin 330. It has a total of something like 60 hours since new. It is a registered SSDR machine and I last flew it 10 days ago. It is in great condition and has an excellent trailer with wing rack. I am thinking of selling it as I need to concentrate more on the Doodlebug and my 2 seat flexwing.

Hi im in he process with a mate to design a hangliding harness that you can launch from the hill.and land with wheels,it will have the option to fit an engine as well.will have some cad drawings soon /it will benifit those older hg pilots that due to bad kness to fly hangliders again,and land the hg hotships with out the worry of landing fast and cant run it off.plus save broken uprights.,also will look at lightweight ppg set up with hg.wacth this space.you will fly seated not prone.plus a new universal hang point joint that has not been tried yet,guess who the test pilot dummy will be.........i may have a trike for sale with a robin 250cc engine soon......

• 2 weeks later...