Collection and first flight on EC33 Simonini Evo

Good stuff - glad it was worth the wait. Don't reckon there is much that can beat the climb rate of the Evo !! :)

Mine has that same 'gyroscopic wobble' you noticed in the hang test, but only if the cage angle changes abruptly during full power, and stops as soon as you throttle back a bit. Looks like that harness scoops you off the ground whereas on the Kobra I have to climb out perched on the seat edge until I can sit back properly. Virtually no torque steer from the motor though on the Kobra low hang points - is it the same on the EC Extreme ?

Not sure if you got an engine manual but one here : http://www.kobrappg.com/spareparts/contents/en-uk/mini%202%20evo.pdf

Let me know what sort of CHT and max RPM yours runs at with the 3 blade Helix prop :?:

Good stuff - glad it was worth the wait. Don't reckon there is much that can beat the climb rate of the Evo !! :)

Mine has that same 'gyroscopic wobble' you noticed in the hang test, but only if the cage angle changes abruptly during full power, and stops as soon as you throttle back a bit. Looks like that harness scoops you off the ground whereas on the Kobra I have to climb out perched on the seat edge until I can sit back properly. Virtually no torque steer from the motor though on the Kobra low hang points - is it the same on the EC Extreme ?

Not sure if you got an engine manual but one here : http://www.kobrappg.com/spareparts/contents/en-uk/mini%202%20evo.pdf

Let me know what sort of CHT and max RPM yours runs at with the 3 blade Helix prop :?:

I get a tiny bit of torque steer at full throttle but not a problem in the slightest.

And when I am under the wing I do not get any gyroscopic wobble, It only does it on the test rig. I guess it is because in the air the forces are converted differently.

The harness does scoop me off the ground, wich is one of the reasons for going for the EC Extreme, I tried the kobra and could not get into the seat because of my build.

I am hoping to go flying over the weekend and I will check the cht and rpm.

Barry