Low Fuel warning system for Paramotors :-)

All,

I will have pictures tomorrow but...

I have in my hand, a replacement petrol cap for my Parajet Macro ( and Compact ) which is self powered, and has a remotely mounted 1W direct sunlight visible LED which lights up at a chosen level.

All other makes can be covered.

It takes about 30 seconds to fit, and requires no drilling, electrical work. (no holes in the tank!! :-) ) The cap still functions fully as a PVRV 'Pressure Vacuum Relief Valve'

Expected cost, (around £65)

SW :D

Yes, and no. :-)

I could build one that would allow direct wire up to 12v with ease to be honest. (the 'tiny' box has a battery and an on/off switch.)

I went for the self powered one so that people without a 12v system could also use it.

Battery should last about a year, assuming your not a tight arse and fly with an empty tank all the time that is :-).

Yes, and no. :-)

I could build one that would allow direct wire up to 12v with ease to be honest. (the 'tiny' box has a battery and an on/off switch.)

I went for the self powered one so that people without a 12v system could also use it.

Battery should last about a year, assuming your not a tight arse and fly with an empty tank all the time that is :-).

What voltage is the battery?

I might want one as it is shown, with a view to changing it later. I would just like to know so that I can work out the electrics as I am looking to make some changes to the current electrics, and I might include this as an option.

The LED is 3V

I can make this unit to fit any tank (as long as I have a cap to fit that tank)

I am uploading a you tube video of the fitting as I type... should be good to go in about 1.5 hours.

All,

The Retail price for this kit is £54.99 for the Parajet Macro or Compact. I have enough kit to complete the first 7 by Tuesday.

A PM will reserve one for you, I will send you a Pay pal request for the doller.

Simon,

Can this kit be adapted for a PAP fuel tank? I understand that it probably requires simply trimming the probe length and drilling the fuel cap?

Can you supply the kit.......................or adapt......................or is this being kept top secret for Parajet owners only - he he?

Mike

No Secrets mate I will cover as many paramotors as possible if the demand is there. :-)

Send me your cap and tell me the length you would like it and I make you one.

Place order via the bay is possible please.

Mike, your cap arrived at 10:30 this morning. It was back in the next day post by 12:30 ready to fit complete with fuel warning light. :-)

I managed to keep your PVRV in full working order, and if I may say so myself made it a little more effective in the process :-)

Please would you be so kind as to let me know exactly what tank that cap came off so that I can add it to the list and buy some caps.

sold 6 on the bay, 4 via the forum, box of 8 to the USA. + a single order from the USA. :acro:

This little low fuel warning system is going to fund the next invention which is ready to make in design just needs some expensive kit to manufacture it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT

Thanks to those who have ordered one! :-) Discount on the next product heading your way ;-)

• 1 year later...