gx200 mk2 alive

jock

Nice one Jock.

What do you think she weighs, all up no fuel?

Any idea about thrust?

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Mike

Hi mike 30 kg minus fuel the dk was 27kg.but this is a metal frame.not bad 4 a 4 stroke,thurst feels good in garden test had to hold it quite a bit.plus i havnt ajusted the ivo prop prop yet there may be a bit more when i do.

Good one Jock.

Maybe the nipple on the carb is a breather as on the Bing carb? See the two clear tubes:

[attachment=0]Bing carb.jpg[/attachment]

Cheers, Alan

YOU COULD BE RIGHT THERE ALAN,ITS THE SAME CARB & TANK AS ON THE DK GX200,THAT RUN OK WITH THIS SET UP,IVE HAD MAJOR PROBS, TRIED LOADS OF DIFFERENT MAIN & PILOT JETS.3 REBUILDS TO FIND ITS A SIMPLE PIPE THAT CAUSED IT ALL, PART OF BUILDING ENGINES I SUPOSE.STARTS VERY EASY. WHAT IVE DONE=MILLED 0.65 OF THE HEAD.STAINLESS VALVES.SAXON HEAVY DUTY ROCKER ARMS.FLAT TOP PISTON.22MM MIKUNI CARB,BAILEY EGG EXHAUST.2.6.1 REDUCTION.HONDA ALLOY FLYWHEEL,3 BLADE IVO AJUSTABLE PROP.308 CAM MAY HAVE TO REDUCE THE CAM TO 275 IF TICK OVER IS LUMPY.BUT IT SEEMS OK AT PRESENT,,,NOW TO SEE HOW IT FLYS......

Looking Good mate real good homebuild looks better than some so called profesional jobs

Neilzy

Cheers neil/simon etc we tinker away in are sheds.paramotorbart & his dad are building there gx200s up, with new tig welded frames they are making.now with paul bailey making excelent bolt on kits we should see more gx200 eggmotors in the sky,i shall be looking at building a subaru fuel injection gx200 next year,all good fun.mike i will give you a shout when im heading powick to try it.

There is a bolt on supercharger out there for the Honda we had one when i used to run an indoor kart center it went like stink

Im sure someone will try one.im going for the subrau gx200 its far more robust than the honda,double bearing crank,cooling fins in cases and head.better head set up and should last way more than the hondagx200.there is a subaru kx21 kart engine with the head mods.govner removed that you can just bolt reduction on and fly.engine for less than£300.cheap flying 4 stroke.The ex21 fuel injected one is £285 ish.& the subrau is ohc.

573364045f392_1213_l(Small).png.7da5b086

Can you put the link to the subaru gx engine ....please so I can have a look.....I feel another project coming on.......even though I am half way with my gx project....which has been on stop for the summer

But now its winter I can lock myself in the shed again... :shock:... and fiddle away

http://www.subarupower.com/pfeatures.aspx?pid=9 If its the kart engine you want google ex21 kart engine/

Can you put the link to the subaru gx engine ....please so I can have a look.....I feel another project coming on.......even though I am half way with my gx project....which has been on stop for the summer

But now its winter I can lock myself in the shed again... :shock:... and fiddle away

http://www.subarupower.com/pfeatures.aspx?pid=9 If its the kart engine you want google ex21 kart engine/

Gary im going to use the fuel injected subrau engine for a light soaring trike for one off my hang gliders,in my next project.ive seen a ex21 engine get 40hp from it on one of the usa sites but that is big over kill.20-25hp is more than enough even 18hp is all we need being a 4 stroke.a light weight pilot would only have to get 12-15hp to fly well.70-kg pilot.how many off you are thinking about these engines.......

do you reckon the fuel injection system can cope with the extra revs...and deliver enough fuel without any mods....when you remove the rev limiter....if so its got to be a winner

as all my problems with my project come from fueling

PS my gx 200 in its current form is supposed to develop around 18-20hp but like you when I rev it up I am getting a fuel flow/leak out of that overflow from the carb bowl....I as going to reroute it via a T piece back to the tank ???? ..... :| from what you are saying this might not be the way forward :(:(

do you reckon the fuel injection system can cope with the extra revs...and deliver enough fuel without any mods....when you remove the rev limiter....if so its got to be a winner

as all my problems with my project come from fueling

PS my gx 200 in its current form is supposed to develop around 18-20hp but like you when I rev it up I am getting a fuel flow/leak out of that overflow from the carb bowl....I as going to reroute it via a T piece back to the tank ???? ..... :| from what you are saying this might not be the way forward :(:(

only way to see if the fuel injected engine will suply enough fuel is to try it.if just doing minor mods.it shoulnt be a problem, there should be ways to tweak it so it does give enough fuel.the mikuni carb does leak fuel out the float bowl, well on the 4 mikuni carbs ive had do.but runnining it back to the tank works.have you fitted a fuel regulator.mine ajustable from 1psi-5psi,its stops overfueling the carb.The bailey carb kit is a good price.havnt heard about any overflow problems with it, I shall fit a oneway valve on the top overflow that should make it work off choke and still return any fuel back to tank,it only overflows as you bend to get up off the ground,what mods have you done........

Woh.......big list of mods

lightweight Flywheel, billet con rod..piston and rings .. gas flowed ported head .. different valves and springs and rockers and pushrods, high lift cam, timing key , Carb, stud kit, balanced crank and low friction bearings....and a stupidly loud exhaust.....that needs to be changed before it flys

(one day).....

I think I might need to look at the Bailey carb then.....

Woh.......big list of mods

lightweight Flywheel, billet con rod..piston and rings .. gas flowed ported head .. different valves and springs and rockers and pushrods, high lift cam, timing key , Carb, stud kit, balanced crank and low friction bearings....and a stupidly loud exhaust.....that needs to be changed before it flys

(one day).....

I think I might need to look at the Bailey carb then.....

Sounds good big mods,ive had loud exhausts,the bailey exhaust is a god send nice & quite worth every penny,,,,