REVO 2 Brake lines

nigeldiver

I have sent a link of this thread to Pascal CJ so he will hopefully offer some assurance / advice on the problems some may be having regards new wings and line lengths.

Regards.

Nice one Rich, I am looking forward to flying my new revo2 but am a little apprehensive after reading this thread.

Factory markings were 225mm too long !!!!

Looks like yours is part of the same faulty batch as mine (a size 29, serial no: 0610058)

I have sent a link of this thread to Pascal CJ so he will hopefully offer some assurance / advice on the problems some may be having regards new wings and line lengths.

Thanks - Pascal is fully aware of the problem ... he has read my emails and I discussed it with him face to face on the Paramania stand at the St. Hilaire festival. Only fair that they have the right to respond on a public forum though. I know Deano posts on here and he was good enough to meet up with me for an hour (in August) to discuss the wing problems, but did not have the line lengths available at that time to check.

Clearly mine was not the only wing subject to manufacturing faults. Car manufacturers issue recall notices for much less of a problem rather than leave it to their customers to correct themselves. Dealers should be made aware of the problem and maybe a safety notice placed on their website.

I'm not sure what hourly wage the Korean labourers are paid at the Gin factory but I imagine it is a lot less than the value I place on my personal safety (and life) ....

Perhaps a free Aerofix inspection would be an appropriate solution ?

Hi

Had a reply from Pascal yesterday, he is away at the moment and will reply on his return.

Unfortunately I havn't seen these type of handles or indeed had problems with my knots on my Revo trimmers which ive flown for a few years now so can't comment.

Pre flight checks are a part of what we do and I admit that I probably lapse a little on pre flight checks regarding the wing. In my experience on Paramania wings they have been so reliable and consistent that its easy to lapse a little on checks, however these comments regarding brakes / trimmers etc highlight the need for thorough checks. More so if introducing something new ie recent motor maintenance, different harness, reserve or wing, even if it is a new wing.

It is a very small industry after all which I believe makes the sport we do more special. If it wasn't for companys with a passion for what we love to do we wouldn't have the choice of equipment we have. I doubt that many, of the paramotor industry Directors are on Lord Sugars Xmas card list!!!

Yes you can buy a nice motorcycle for the price of a motor and wing but the sales volume of these motorcycles allow reflection in cost price and after sales service etc. Paramotoring perhaps doesn't have that luxury. I know what I prefer, and after 18 years in the ambulance service i know which is safer!!

Be safe and take this bad period of weather as an opportunity to check all your kit. It will make you more confident in your day to day flying.

Regards.

• 6 months later...

this thread has me wondering if I understood MCJ correctly when he explained to me the brake handle adjustment on the new Revo2...where the older Revolution, Fusion and GT had (my understanding only) to be adjusted based at fast trim and a bit of slack before the brakes start to deform the trailing edge is different from the REVO2 in that the new slider accounts for the older way of changing brake line lengths. Garbled I know but the gist of it (and I will address this in question format)

When you change from low hang point to high hangpoint configuration, is there any need to adjust brake handle line length on the REVO2 - or is the difference accounted for in the new slider?...or put another way does the new slider move with the C's and D's in a way which negates any re-tie of brake handles when switching from a low hangpoint machine to a high one? :?: and is the wingtip the place to look for slack adjustment :?:

Having said all that, I flew a REVO 2 at Beach Blast and confirm the brake handles were in excess of 20cm too long.

Advocate of dealer inspection on all new wings going out,

Marko

:wingover::wingover: