Who's coming the furthest to the Fly-in?

Just the 125 miles from Maidstone in Kent.

There must be others coming further???

See you there,

Ian.

I am >x2 that distance from truro cornwall. I have another commitment in Guildford on Saturday evening and can't bring my motor and wing. I would likme a quick go on someones kit please, if possible.

whitters.

Have a go on mine, I only fly in benign conditions and so would love to watch someone else fly it in rougher conditions just to reassure me that next time I feel a few bumps I can relax knowing that it has handled much worse. Its a Pap 1400 top80 with an Apco Thrust.

Nige

Have a go on mine, I only fly in benign conditions and so would love to watch someone else fly it in rougher conditions just to reassure me that next time I feel a few bumps I can relax knowing that it has handled much worse. Its a Pap 1400 top80 with an Apco Thrust.

Nige

Hi Nigel.

Didn't get access to internet / your kind offer before I turned up midday Sat or I would have taken you up on the offer of a go on your kit. I would have liked a go on an Apco.

Instead I flew Clive Bunce Nucleon on his own design frame and harness with Polini motor. I was very impressed with this set up and the lightness of the motor. It had fairly high hang points with the carabiners attaching the risers onto the harness which is a new experience for me. The harness system allows the main support straps to slide through the arms (comfort type arms) which allows for weight shift and provides the pilot with feedback from the wing.

This is my second flight recently with the polini motor. Might write a short review under paramotor section.

I was also impressed with the togle system on the Nucleon. It was a large 34 wing. The high hang points and harness type attachments required a slightly different reverse launch technique due to the riser position in front of face during early part of launch. got it sorted second attempt. The trimmer settings have a massive speed range much larger than on my revolution. I experimented turning with and without toggles at different trim settings. Also burried the brakes at slow trim (at height) to see how slow it would fly and how it would feel / respond. Did some engine off thermalling after watching a paraglider pilot thermalling past me, engine off and staying up is something I havn't had a lot of success with in the past.

Thanks Clive and all those that offered.

Whitters.