Hello all.

Hi all,

I am new to this site and new to Paramotoring. I am in training and eagerly awaiting my first flight, hopefully in the next few days. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in Sunbury on Thames and I am training to fly in Basingstoke, which is a fair old ride from home.

If anybody knows of good places to fly from, closer to me (TW16 6NF), I would really appreciate a tip.

I am 51 years old, German, father of two, married, Chrisitan and have always been obsessed with getting airborne. I tried my hand at Microlights, on Thrusters in Popham, but found it too demanding on time, money, travel, etc. I like the idea of the instantaneous availability of the Paramotor. With our wheather, you need to be able to go when the window opens! ;-)

Looking forward to joining the league of "real pilots" quite soon.

Manny :explode:

Hi Manny,

I'm a bit nearer to you than Basingstoke but if you check out the airmap you will see why no one can fly in your area !! Guildford is an option but at £8 a session it gets expensive so I reckon Basingstoke is still going to be your best bet !

Even better get yourself to Lambourn or Worminghall to meet most of the people on the forum, Basingstoke-Lambourn is a nice short cross country flight for a beginner :)

Who is teaching you at the moment and whats your current site like ? have you met Mike from Farnborough ?

cheers

Dan

Hi Manny,

You are only half an hour from me (Sunbury to Farnborough) but my main flying site when good weather and work doesn't mix is still Lambourne which is just over the hour from here.

Also l am only 15 minutes away from Barry's field which as Dan says is £8 a session but it is a superb flying field.

Best wishes with your flying

Mike 8)

• 2 weeks later...
Well done Manfred from a fellow Fresh Breeze pilot.

Just a tip, keep your torso upright on the take off run, don't lean forward.

Cheers,

Alan

Thanks Alan, you sound just like my instructor ! :-) I will get there !!!

No flying today wind is blowing at 12mgh :cry:

Ho hum, next week it is... I will not be stopped.

Manfred

Well done Manny, you will never forget the first time, and good to have it on video. 8)

Please don't think I'm being cheeky but,

Now you have gone solo, can you take a few minutes and teach your mate how to hold a video camera still, it looked like a wild trip. LOL

Dave

Well done Manny, you will never forget the first time, and good to have it on video. 8)

Please don't think I'm being cheeky but,

Now you have gone solo, can you take a few minutes and teach your mate how to hold a video camera still, it looked like a wild trip. LOL

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Yes, I am quite sure, this will stay with me.

As for the video'ing: fair point, but I think, I shall not pass that on... ;-) My "mate" is my 12 year old son, who did all this with a £100 digtal cam, without a tripod... and to be fair he was as excited as I was, with my taking to the air .. :-) He also created and edited the whole video/picture mix, added the music and published it on Youtube, without me touching a thing. I am rather proud of him ! :-)

That said, we both agreed, next time we'll take the tripod and go about it a bit more professionally.

And yes, it was a bit wild. The wind towards the motorway was quite strong, so he did struggle a bit to keep me in his viewer.

Thanks for your comments. It's great to finally be a real pilot.

Manfred

No need, no offence taken.

I am in Sunbury,Middlesex, 2.5 miles south of LHR, so my flying will have to be some drive away.

Closest I recon is Guildford, and "Barry's Field" that everybody is talking about, but at the moment I drive

to Basingstoke which is in beautiful Hampshire. I see you are a fair ride away from me, but who knows...

I have family in Chesterfield and travel the M1 every now and then...

I am very frustrated that the weather has gone kaputt all of a sudden.. I guess it's part o the game. Patience is a virtue, that I need to better develop, me thinks.

Next flight will be as soon as the weather and timetables allow.

Manfred

Well done Manfred from a fellow Fresh Breeze pilot.

Just a tip, keep your torso upright on the take off run, don't lean forward.

Cheers,

Alan

when the wing is stable as you are walking along with a little gas to push you, when happy hit full gas, hands up and keep running. airspeed is the key, then a perfect launch