APCO Force

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some more info about the APCO Force. http://www.apcoforce.co.uk/

FORCE is now ready and available in 2 sizes – S and M – covering weight range from 75 kg. to 165 kg.

FORCE designed as for high performance, maximum speed range glider, capable of competing with latest generation of reflex wings. The added value of classic APCO virtues are built in for free!! -Spotless launch / Flare, sweet handling and light brake pressure.

The design brief for FORCE is based on the concept of combining all the best aspects of reflex wings with performance, handling and launch characteristics of APCO wings – perfectly blended into a well built, robust chute, made to last.

We again turned to use of SRS ® (automatic stall recovery system – Pat. Pend.) to allow for comfortable take-off and landing speed. HIT ®valves were incorporated to ensure maximum stability and internal wing pressure at any angle of attack. Built in FLEXON ® to replace Mylar for long term consistent performance and lighter weight.

http://paramotornews.wordpress.com/2010/05/06/apcos-first-reflex-high-end-paramotor-wing-the-force/

Like the Vista HP, but more aspect ratio and no certification, but with +4kph?

Hope they do certify it. If it did pass ENC (w/o trimmers) it'll be a winner, but doubt that'll be achieved, else the Vista HP will have to be dumped....

Looking forward to the first genuine flight reviews. 67kph in a PG harness should return 60kph in level flight on a PPG, given a powerful enough engine.

Fingers crossed.

Richard

Im waiting for a price. I expect it to be around the £2400 area. Using more material and labor.

I would also expect it to be a little more lively than the Thrust as in Intermediate vs Advanced so I wouldn't expect them to drop the thrust just like that.

The other APCO wings get a rating so it is a matter of time.

I will post on the forum here when the price comes in and I will update the site.

I should have a medium Force here in the next 14-days for anyone who wants to have a go on one. :-)

When it's here I will arrange a demo day. (excuse for a bit of an overnight party at the flag pole maybe?)

SW :D

Well, talking of BBQ's

The PMC now owns a kick arse commercial one which we got for the France trip. (can cook for at least 15 people in one go)

I was thinking we could set up £1 a burger or a nice Chili (or do bring your own of course.)

I do like the Camping party's at the flag pole.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from my visit from Israel where I had plenty of different conditions to try out the Apco Force - low coastal flying at Tel Aviv, windy thermic stuff at Nazareth and a XC flight over the Negev desert. Despite the extremes I managed to fly without any problems (straight and level without any collapses) while doing a promotional video and photos - article may appear in the Paramotor Magazine 2 months from now.

Definitley my favourite reflex wing - it is outstanding for its easy ground handling, stability (reflex, stall recovery system and HIT valves), speed and performance. The Apco Vista HP is still very useful for thermal cross country flying where the more efficient lift to drag ratio wins will gain the extra miles per gallon on light wind days, but for a solid fast wing I think this one will take some beating.

The Apco factory staff are now working overtime to keep up with the demand for the fastest selling Apco wing so far and the waiting/delivery times may have to be extended if there is further demand.

There might be a slight delay with getting the first demo wing to Simon, but you will have a chance to try one at the Paramotor National comp on the 13th June before I pass on the demo.

I will be on my family holidays from Saturday until the 13th June, but I will try to make the demo wings available as much as possible after that. Contact your local Apco dealer for more infomation and a test flight.

Paul :D

I will have a demo Apco Force with me at the UK Paramotor National Competition for people to try. If you are not able to get to there to test fly the Force then you need to contact your local Apco dealer to arrange a test flight.

So far pilots who have test flown the Force have been amazed by the "easy ground handling and take offs, amazing stability, top speed that beats everything else that they have tried, positive handling in flight and excellent fuel efficiency".

Apco say that this wing has become their best selling wing and the Apco staff are working overtime to produce enough to satisfy the demand.

Apco are currently trying to arrange certification, but the general view is that this wing is for competent pilots with at least 10 hours flying experience.

More details of the technical specifications can be found at www.apcoaviation.com

Nice one Paul,

I already have a 11 people stacked up for a test fly... best be quick as they are in order mode. ;-)

Its a battle for the Revo 2 and the Apco Force at the moment as far as I can tell, I am making no comment until I have flew both...

I have only seen reviews 'from the manufactures' so far.

All,

I will have a Medium Apco Force at the end of next week for test flights from Membury Airfield.

If you have not already, you best let me know if you want a fly as I don't know how long I will have it for.