APCO Force

FORCE certification

August 2010

Following many inquiries on the certification status of Force, we would like to update you on progress with its certification

1. Finally after a long wait, we are glad to confirm : - Force M successfully completed all certification test flights. It is rated EN C on trim speed and fully accelerated on speed bar

2. Force S successfully completed all test flights for the high end of the weight range – we expect it to complete rest of the flights in the near future

3. Due to popular demand we will be adding a Force L to complete the range of Force to suit heavier pilots and for trike flying

Now, it is obvious -- Force is a winner. Having the wing approved will add confidence and improve sales too

The Force has been keeping us busy non-stop over the last few months – we have made 6 cuts in a row and are still behind on deliveries

We are working hard to try and catch up, adding extra work hours every day, coming in at weekends and cancelling annual vacation in August

A few recent comments on FORCE from pilots around the world.

(latest fedback to shear with you)

--------------------------------

I kept my previous wing which is only a year old while I was getting to know

the Force, but have now decided there is no going back to the older wing and am

fully committing to the Force now and selling off my 12 month old wing.

Keith Pickersgill

South Africa

---------------------------------

One of the demo Force wings was used at a demo weekend with UKPPG and pilots were impressed how well it flew and how much faster it flew compared to the Dudek Plasma - the positive feedback continues

I have flown most of the main wings available I would choose the Apco Force for paramotoring even if I was not the Apco UK representative.

Paul Haxby

U.K.

----------------------------------

I received the new APCO Force gliders on Monday and was able to test fly the Medium yesterday. My long time girlfriend Dawn test flew the Small size. Both of us were really happy with the performance of the gliders. We took off in light wind conditions and the launch didn’t take much effort. In the air the glider felt nice and the wing tip steering requires very little pressure and is very effective. The speed at full trim out was excellent and what performance it did have was beyond expectations.

Thank you for your excellent work, you have come up with a very nice glider.

Francesco De Santis

USA

----------------------------------

Let me start by describing the FORCE as quite a formidable wing in flight.

FAST

Snappy (on tip brakes)

SOLID

Stable

VF FAST!

Pull up – easy, quick and direct

It does not nose tuck or collapse – it just flies past you and sits there waiting for line tension …J

Once airborne – what a pleasure!

In all, very impressive and a machine to be understood.

A flight that would ordinarily taken me closer to 1 hour on my FreeX Moon + Xplorer4 around the same points and climbs I did on Sunday with the Force/PAP combo only taking 25 minutes!

Ant Allen

APCO Force (S)

South Africa

---------------------------------------

we try the Force S, very interesting, very easy to inflate, need to run to take off but without excess speed

little hard hangling but efficient, very stable and efficient in speed with trims off and good maniability with the tip steerings

high speed in landing but with possibility to stop it with a flair and large breaking

so, i think you do a very good glider regarding the reflex activitie

Jose Ortega

France

------------------------------------

BLUE SKIES

Anatoly Cohn

APCO Aviation Ltd.

Annual August vacation is delayed this year due to heavy load of orders – vacation has been moved to September for slower season

***APCO will be closed for annual vacation September 15-October 4 inclusive***

Tel: +972 4 627 3727

Fax: +972 4 627 3728

i will upload certification in flies under force

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion ....the revo 1 which I have flown....is nothing like the force...I found on the revo the tip steering to be not super effective ..and when flying it without the trimmers set to fast ie freefly mode (stiff)......

the tip steering on the force is light and is I reckon just as effective as when using the main brakes.....it does dive a bit on a tight turn but adding a bit of power seems to sort this out....the magnets on the main brakes are a bit weak.... but when they flap about they are well clear of the paramotor frame...quite high up (and I am on a pap)

when on the full speed bar in full reflex I found it super solid much the same as the revo BUT its a lot quicker.....(cross wind so no wind effect) 40mph genuine

needless to say Ive found a new love......all Ive got to do now is sell my fusion 26 anybody want to buy it

ps going on holiday today so wont be able to answer all you people who want to buy my fusion :P

Gary I have to agree with your comments. I have been flying a Reaction for over 2 years /80hrs on a Bailey 175 4 stroke ( now have a Bailey 200 on order). I tested the wings below on the 175 to compare speeds over reverse legs along a railway line to ensure average speed was correct. The Force certainly stands apart from my Reaction & the Fusion in its very light handling and responsiveness in the air. For me it gave by far the best experience when flying low to the ground. What I hadn't appreciated was the difference in climb rate (sink on full speed bar !) is important for me when doing cross country which is my thing.

Wing Size Manuf. Trim on Trim off Full

weight mph mph S.bar

Reaction TST 29 130kg 26.4 28.8 37.8 Level flight at full speed bar, full revs.

Apco Force Small 140kg 32.0 33.9 45.2 Losing 420 ft / min full speed bar full revs

Apco Force Medium 165kg 28.8 30.5 38.9 Losing 150 ft / min full speed bar full revs

Paramania Fusion 29 Large 160kg 26.6 27.6 35.9 Losing 50 ft / min full speed bar full revs

I am planning to test the Nucleon before making a final decision & also need to see how much extra climb I get from a Bailey 200 verses my old 175. :?:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmmm.......not sure what to think of all this kiting stuff ......just because you can kite it and do a few tricks on the ground with it unloaded ...does that make it a good wing to fly I dont know

:?:?:?

But what I do know is that when I flew it.without all this trickery pokery..it was ( in my opinion ) the best wing Ive flown so far so Ive got one on order.... :D

:wingover: