My trimmers on Revolution...........................

Query?..............................well more of a concern!!!

I flew for the first time on Tuesday since my last flight, the beginning of October of last year!!!!

So, I had quite a few cobwebs to get rid of in the process - it all went like clockwork and the landing for me was text book stuff......a first for me!

Getting to the point...............

When I fly and let the trimmers out, alls well, but when I pull the trimmers in to get into slow mode to plod about I noticed that the slack in both the straps (for the trimmers) were almost touching my cage if not at one point just poking through almost 'teasing' the prop!!!!!!!!!! - NOT GOOD!.

At that point I remembered this last year and I would wrap the slack around the risers. Is this right? Perhaps I am missing something (adjustment somewhere?) I cant seem to find anything addressing this in the manual?

At last summers fly-in I intended to ask Simon for advice, but as usual forgot!

Mike

I fly a PAP which has their standard swing arm set up - low hang point.

I am 104kg of Kentish swagger!!

I did a 'hang test' to set up the correct carabiner placing according to the manual which at the moment is exactly mid way.

Perhaps I need to move one setting forward (i.e. me moving away from the risers?)..........I then would hang back..........but my thrust line wouldn't be correct - me thinks?

Mike

Please take a picture of your risers and post it. (on the ground of course)

It sounds to me like something is a miss.

That or check that your hand point are set correctly.

SW :D

Hi Mike

I fly a Revo with a PAP and I have to admit that the in slow trim the straps are very long and can flap about a bit.

However, I am the same weight as you and I have the wing attached to the first fixing holes in the front of the swing arm which is the position that PAP suggest in the manual so the cage is much further back than it would be in your case!

I do not have the manual with me at work but I will post a copy of the hang point recomendations if you want when I get home.

Please let me know

Regards

Eddie

Hi Mike

I fly a PAP ros 1400 with a revo 28,my hang points are on the B setting (1 hole closer to the cage) and the trimmer dosn't come near the cage so maybe you have a problem that needs addressing.Hopefully someone more knowledgable than me can helpyou out.

Alistair

No types mentioned but... last year a friend and I experimented with a low hang point active arm machine to try and cure this and other problems. We found that by pulling in the shoulder straps considerably while adding extra shackles where the lower harness attaches to the swing arms we could allow the swing arms to sit higher in flight (stops limiting arm travel were not an issue on this machine). This meant the carabiners could sit higher and closer to the thrust line which removed a large amount of the pitch/power couple. now under full power it didn't rotate forward so much bringing the risers close to the cage.

I have a Parajet compact, and Revo, Fusion, Reaction had a Synth and a Nucl, and during normal flight I would expet to see at least 12 inches of clearance from my trimmers to my cage. Then another 9 inches to the prop.

Just as a point of reference.

P1000106.JPG

I hope the above shows the risers? This is the first time I have uploaded a picture?

Thanks for all comments.

Eddie, you are right we both fly the same kit I remember from the last fly-in.

As per your earlier post showing an extract from the PAP manual it does seem to make sense to be positioned at point E as opposed to where I am currently positioned - point C.

But it does also state that the ideal pitch from vertical to be 20 degrees.

I did do a hang test when I got the kit originally, I set a 20 degree line which I pulled and then sat in my paramotor with my daughter advising whether both the line and paramotor were parallel..........this was point C.

I have now set up to point E and will wait to hang test and then wait for a suitable flying window.

Mike

OK.

They are not set up correctly.

I dont know how best to explain this with text but I will try.

So,

Looking at the Red trimmers you will see that you have a 'floating buckle' (its there but seems not to be doing anything.)

They are supposed to be set up to take care of the slack, so you have two small loops and not one big one. This is not an in flight thing its a permanent setting on the wing.

I will take a pic of a set how they are supposed to be set up and post it in a few mins...

If you are in ANY doubt PLEASE take it to a Paramania Dealer to set it up for you. (DONT FLY IT AGAIN) until this has been done.

IMG_0343.jpg.8328f4c3783ea153a8ffcd0d670

Pete................that's it !!!!

A gathering loop.....simples!!!! I was trying to work out how to take up the slack but then that would hinder the trimmer operation......but a gathering loop of sorts!!!!

Nice one....thanks!

Mike

no probs were all here to help each other :idea: