A Challenge! to Paramotor from Lands end to John O'Groats.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

Just to let everyone invovled know that everything is going very much to plan with the Tip to Tip planning.

We have attracted a good lump of media coverage aleady and I have only just started!

Norman & and Terry are getting the Route (VIA OUR AFFILITATE CLUBS, not just a direct line!) sorted out. The graphics / branding is in hand....

Yipp Flipping Eee.

7.5 months and counting

SW

:D

All,

Have just got off the phone with a very excited Sports Presenter from the BBC :D

The WILL be filming Training on Dartmoor early in the new year, and then again in May, and then the flight its self.

RESULT!!!!!!!

Thanks to 'Tony G' for the contact. :wink: Networking.... you have to love it!

SW :D

All,

Here is a list of the CONFIRMED pilots and crew for the Tip to Tip 2008 :D in no order.

PILOTS

Simon Westmore (Berkshire)

Simon Payne (Oxfordshire)

Pete Boldwin (Gloucestershire)

Clive Bunce (Wiltshire)

Richard Whitmarsh (Cornwall)

Mike Silvester (Hampshire)

It has been suggested that we have one or two stand in pilots, in case someone is unable to fly.

Colin Borland (Support van driver)

Norman Rhodes (Route planner)

Terry Walsh (Co-Route planner)

Need more ( Fixer)

Need more ( 4X4 Driver)

Need more (Motorcycle Rider)

Now is where the hard work starts guys, the easy bit was saying "I would love to do that!"

We have Press, Filming and training day's on Dartmoor as early as January!

Reason for early training on Dartmoor is to tie in with the people who will be plastering this event all over the TV and Radio. :D

I go for a run most evenings this time of year BTW if anyone wants to join me :wink:

As they say in the ARMY

" If it aint raining, then it aint training! " :lol:

All,

To those of you who have asked for sponsorship forms.....

I WILL have them done before the end of play today!

Anyone who wants a sponsorship form please PM me and I will e-mail one out to you.

The Leicestershire branch have already raised £200!! Well done!!

All,

Just to keep you all in the picture.... We now have some strong interest from another Tip to Tip sponsor.

So far we have 3 of the six wings (penciled in) spoken for. I intend to close the deals early Jan, ready for the first wave of media.

If you are toying with the idea of sponsoring this event, please get in touch for a chat.

Having just had a good chat with Gilo (Parajet MD)

I can now 100% confirm that the 6 main pilots be flying Parajet Macro's on the Tip to Tip, we also have full support - back up from the Parajet team, including a spare motor.

Result.

During our lazy holiday in the Rum, I thought about the trip and jotted down the people I know across the country that may be helpful.

Great and slightly spooky to get back and see the first two are already involved - all power to the forum! :-)

Our brains must work South to North :wink:

Cheers

Paul

People

Richard from Cornwall - is a paramedic in their air ambulance, who fixed my foot at a flyin :-) He may be interested as he's flown a few long distance flights/days across France, Scotland and Cornwall. If nothing else, be a great contact to smooth a great 'flying' reception for the charity cheque.

Dan from Exeter - is a professional camera man - mainly underwater for TV, but a growing amount from his paramotor. He's also flown across France and in Scotland.

Brian from near Glasgow - his day job is travel and oil rigs. He's a big heart and access to a local flying club.

Andrew from near Glasgow - is a doctor who takes amazing photographs of Scotland and as you can see has flown across Scotland http://www.1photo1.com/, so has local knowledge.

Gary from Inverness - is a fruit wholesaler and helped me find flying sites in Scotland for a holiday. I think he drove the first van/lorry across the bridge to Skye, so he also has loads of local knowledge.

John from Shetlands - is a professional photographer and has travelled to the Homegrown in Wales, so it would be a change for him to meet people coming towards him. Maybe he could arrange a Shetlands extension for those that reallly want to do it?There are some others in Scotland, but so far I cannot remember their names.

Pie and Peas on the North York Moors is the best location I've flown (just winning over Dartmoor) and it near enough to Paul Haxby and many others so it could be worth a detour.

All,

Indigo Furniture ' www.indigofurniture.co.uk ' Are the first Tip to Tip 2008 corporate sponsor to come on board. The deal is done, and includes the Tandem wing (for Francis and Sponsors, filming.... e.c.t) and sponsorship of one of the six pilots.

011.jpg

Full Press Release soon....

THANKS! MILES AND ALL AT INDIGO, HAVE A GREAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR.

All,

I now have a Sponsor Presentation ( 3 page word doc ) If you would like a copy to e-mail out to your contacts please PM me your e-mail address and I will reply with the doc.

My lovely wife Mia and I are staying overnight at Lands End on the 27th just after Christmas.

HeliMed1 ( It would be great to hook up for a beer ) If your about!

I will get a good lay of the land from a take off point of view of course while there.

Yippeee were off to Lands end...

All,

I have just got back from a trip to Lands End....

Would you belive it!!!!!! Its been purchased by someone who has now fenced it off!!

How can someone BUY lands end?

Anyway..... We will need to launch from any one of a number of great launch sites less than 1KM away and then head SOUTH over the edge and then NORTH.

Something else I noticed is ITS A VERY LONG WAY AWAY FROM HERE!! Took us 4 hours to get back, in a car, on the motorway.....

This flight is going to be Awesome!!!

Hi Gents

I have rc gear if you require it with onboard cams.

I flew land end this summer, but took off at Senan cove, just 1-2 miles up the coast. Richard and myself went over there. I have already from up as far as Boscastle, and the coastline is spectacular. well worth folowing the coastline .

I am sure we can take off at the end, as we can get good publicity.