Good flight

alan_k

After my little stumble and smash up at the beginning of the month I think I must have lost a bit of confidence in my abilities, even though I did get a flight in on the 8th. The take off was what I would call a bit ragged though.

So the night before last I was all ready for a forward launch, pulled the wing up to have it turn 75 degrees so I'm now heading towards the two rather large trees at the edge of the field :shock: . Quickly killed the motor and brought the wing down and thought s*d this and went home for a drink :)

Last night was much better though, perfect conditions with a gentle steady breeze.

I thought to myself if I can't fly confidently in these conditions then there is something wrong. I set up and did a text book forward launch and had a really enjoyable 40 minute flight, with an equally good landing to finish. That certainly reset the confidence :D and satisfied the desire to fly 8)

Cheers all,

Alan

TOfield.jpg.df204d36047ad5b5fd64c5098cf3

573363f1871b4_LesPlace.jpg.c95531591532c

Nice one alan,

By the way. I have a friend who recently moved to France and he knows about my PPG/PG habit. I think he's not too far from you and keeps mentioning some kind of flying centre near his house from which he is convinced he keeps seeing paramotors flying from. Not sure if he's possibly confusing microlights for pmotors. He lives somewhere near angouleme(SP?) do you know the flying centre he's talking about by any chance. Im planning to visit him before long.

Cheers.

Nice one alan,

By the way. I have a friend who recently moved to France and he knows about my PPG/PG habit. I think he's not too far from you and keeps mentioning some kind of flying centre near his house from which he is convinced he keeps seeing paramotors flying from. Not sure if he's possibly confusing microlights for pmotors. He lives somewhere near angouleme(SP?) do you know the flying centre he's talking about by any chance. Im planning to visit him before long.

I have had a look in my booklet listing the microlight strips and flying clubs and there are loads of them.

I guess your friend is probably seeing PPG and microlights if it's a popular club. If you can be more specific on the location, with a postal code, I can narrow the search down. I don't know any of the sites over there as Angouleme is 80 miles away.

Cheers,

Alan