Lease brand new kit.

All,

I am just interested in little bit of feedback from people who have just purchased or in the process of a motor and or wing.

If you could be offered the wing and motor that you wanted with no exception, Say a new Cyclone or Fresh Breeze and a Fusion or ANY OTHER combo you wish on a 12 or 24 month lease deal (assuming not silly prices) would it tickle your fancy?

Any other thoughts?

SW :D

I've bought my own kit but I would imagine something like this would appeal to those that don't quite have the finances to do so or would like to get into the sport without having to spend alot on kit at the beginning. It would also allow people to try before they buy, which I imagine would also be bonus to many....

The other option might be to set something up similar to a performance car club, where paid-up members can have access to a number of different motors and wings and can have access to them for certain periods within the year.

It's certainly an interesting proposition Simon. Of course cost under these circumstances would be a crucial factor. Some of this would be offset by working out the depreciation value of a motor/wing that the pilot would have purchased.

Presumably some kind of arrangement would have to be drawn up re: servicing, wing checks ect.

Damage would have to be covered by the pilot of course but you would also have to work out wear and tear such as paint finishes, oil/fuel staining, fabric condition on the harness and so on.

I'm getting near the end of my tether with my RAD but not having the resources currently to do anything about it, I would be interested to hear more details.

Cheers

Mark

Just had another thought that this could maybe lead to a limited option to lease on a shorter term such as a monthly basis so that you could try alternative machines over an extended period.

I say limited in that it wouldn't be cost effective on your part to buy in new machines to fullfil this role but you could offer 'stock machines' if you happen to have any instock. This could be on a slightly higher pro-rata basis than a 12/24 month contract to offset the shorter period.

This kind of service could suit the new pilots as a kind of 'try before you buy' kind of thing. The best way to get to know a machine is to use it and sometimes a single test flight may not give you enough info to make a fair assessment.

A lease option may also suit the occasional flyer more as well.

Cheers

Mark

Certainly an interesting proposition.

Until I was made redundant last year, 90% of the business I was doing was leased. There are some good leasing companies out there, but there are some downright sharks too!

I'd be interested to see more details

I dont think there will be any problem with this leasing company at all.

Pete b