Parajet Heated Jacket.

So the good news......

I am sat here in a BATTERY POWERED heated Jacket. When I put it on earlyer today, I thought it had a full battery and was more than happy with the heat that was given and the 2.5 hour time it laststed!!!

The better news!!

The jacket had about 50% charge and I have it on again after a 3 hour full charge, and it is HOT with a capital HOT!! It NEEDS to be up at a couple of thousand feet :D:D

Tomorrow is test day for me, I am going to go for a fly with it on under my GIN winter kit and see how toasty warn I am :D:D:D

OK SO THE BAD NEWS

It is a Prototype.

BACK TO THE GOOD NEWS

I am on the case, and will have a retailable product before it gets propper cold.

Points to note from this..........

ITS A BATTERY POWERED JACKET THAT ALSO PLUGS INTO A PARAJET.

More soon

SW :D

All,

This morning I test flew a Parajet heated Jacket. The temp on the ground was no more that 2 0c.

It feels quite warm even before you turn it on due to its trick heat return layer system thingy (more soon) Even on a cold morning like this morning you have to be slick with your launch or you will over heat. (there is a remote on/off switch as an extra I am told.)

So, Wing layed out into what could only have been 1/8th of a MPH of wind, a full 3 hours worth of petrol. OK, so jacket on.

Then Gloves helmet and start engine. (already I can feel the heat starting on my back) Like a hot summers day in fact.....

Full commitment, launch (aided by the fact that I know I dont want to do it twice with the heat on) into the air.

The first thing I noticed was how cold my face was.........

It was Very cold, (made to feel cooler by the warmth of the jacket, maybe, I dont know.....)

Colin and I flew about 20 miles in early morning frost type weather for what took about 45 mins and the jacket kept me very warm all of the time. It felt like flying in the summer with the sun on my face and a warm body.

More as it comes.

Colin and I flew about 20 miles in early morning frost type weather for what took about 45 mins and the jacket kept me very warm all of the time. It felt like flying in the summer with the sun on my face and a warm body.

More as it comes.

..... and how long did it take Colin to thaw out once you'd landed. LOL.

Regards.

Togsie

He was not to bad to be fair, he was wearing an inside out bear.

OK so more news......

I have just spoken to the jacket people....... I have been using the Jacket with a Battery pack. And found that it kept me nice and warm as I said above.....

On talking to them I have now found out that once you plug it into a 12v output WAY more heat is created from more places. With the pack I have been using only the back heats up. When you plug it in, the back top and front heats up!!!!

I am going to be flying all the way through the winter LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yipppeeeeeeee.........