GIN Winter gloves.

All,

I took delivery of my GIN winter gloves and flying suit today and have been stood in a cold windy field for most of it trying it out. This is the 3rd flying suit I have owned and this is a very good middle of the range winter suit that I am happy to reccomend for warmth (it is very), features, (wind stoppers at the wrists, neck and legs, breathable fabric, very light, multi layered inner system and all the normal stuff.......)

The gloves are £35 and go with the above flying suit which is £170. Sizes are Small Medium (which fits me) or large. Gloves are BLACK and Suit is Black with Red and white stripe, GIN logo.

Both good high quality kit, I can arrange a discount for a bulk order of 5 or more :D

Cheers all.....

SW :D

• 1 year later...

Yep, I use them and they are fab in the dry and wet. My missus rides with them and they are excellent. Winter is a bit different of course, my plan is to get a set of snowmobile gloves and wear the MW beneath. I can then use the warmies' in the cruise and the MW to do the fiddly stuff.

All,

I have flewn a few times in the cold now with Gin Winter Alpine gloves. (OK, they are £50)

BUT and it is a big BUT....

They work VERY and it is a big VERY, well!

I have never owned a pair of gloves as warm, ever.

http://www.paramotorclub.co.uk/catalog/ ... c63373a087

I know that one or two others have ordered them as well, so if you are reading... Whats your take? I would be interested to know.

• 2 years later...

The main reason I like them is exactly that.

The fingers are curved (tailored like it) so that you dont get crumples when you bend your fingers.

I have always worn bulky gloves and find these much less so than many others.

In a nutshell, no.

• 3 months later...

Got to try mine yesterday for the first time. To be honest, when they arrived and I tried them on I thought they were a bit thin and lightweight plus there were lots of lumps and bumps on the inside each finger which I thought might get annoying whilst flying. Also, the finger length was perfect until making a fist whereupon the finger tips each had a a lot of space between my finger tips and the end of the glove finger.

However, once kitted up about to fly I was happy. All the lines were easy to use, the gloves were warm as toast without any of the 'lumpy' finger internals being noticeable. In flight they were great (in fact I had my first engine failure and emergency landing at 2000+ feet during the flight and the gloves didn't hinder anything, in fact they helped because it was the first time I didn't have to focus on moving my frozen digits in agony).

So far I would definitely agree with everyone else's sentiments and recommend the gloves.