Iceland 2009

All,

Before we even took off from Lands End, I had been contacted by the Iceland Tourist board.

They have asked me to organise a Paramotor based endurance event in order to encorage more people to visit.

The Request has some annoying terms.

2 people max,

1 month max,

never done before,

Encoraged UK Europe media coverage,

Return in 12-months and apply the same terms.

So, in a nutshell, this is a 2.5 year project.

Hummmmm........

The great thing is....

This is not the only interesting offer on the table at the moment :D

Tip to Tip team, dont get to relaxed, ;-)

And Whitters & Dan (just remember...... Kidneys ;-) )

SW :D

Two people max is a pain. but I'm interested.

Iceland is about 335 miles West to East. A slightly more interesting (and longer) route would involve flying over the glaciers and icesheets of the Kverkfjoll mountains (1764m above sea level - ish)

Stuart

Two people max is a pain. but I'm interested.

Iceland is about 335 miles West to East. A slightly more interesting (and longer) route would involve flying over the glaciers and icesheets of the Kverkfjoll mountains (1764m above sea level - ish)

Stuart

I was there for a week earlier this year and think a flying trip with just two people would be stupid. They have a healthy (but different to most of the UK) view on personal responsibility. Get yourself into trouble and they expect you to have the skill and gear to get yourself out of it.

Even with a huge reliable vehicle, with just two of us, we felt exposed at times, on their 'roads'...

A first for me hiring a vehicle and told the insurance covered everything except damage from river crossing and sandstorms!

That said, the glacier lagoons and 'white' ice on black sand was one of the best things I've ever seen, so I'd be interested with a larger group and if we 'chose' good weather.

Cheers

Paul

Its amazing, the different take people have on things....

I have a message from a local ppg pilot (Iceland) who never flies with a helmet, has flewn across the country on his own with just a mate on a motorbike on the ground. LOL

Needless to say, I am booked onto a flight for a meeting and a look at the lay of the land, Mid September.

At the moment, this is at the very ealry stages of planning, (I have not yet 100% said yes to them) although assuming the meeting goes well and my route looks doable I will be saying yes at the meeting for both years.

Its amazing, the different take people have on things....

I have a message from a local ppg pilot (Iceland) who never flies with a helmet, has flewn across the country on his own with just a mate on a motorbike on the ground. LOL

... and amazing that its gone from a 'never been done' to already been done! LOL

When you visit, try and see outside the South West Golden Circle (the main tourist/coach tour) area and you'll have a better/different idea of what to expect. If we can meet near-ish Bath you can borrow our books/guides.

Cheers

Paul

I did not say that I was going to fly from one end to the other did I????

nope, my route / idea has never been done.

Will be going to Parajet soon, will call in if your about for books e.t.c :-)

;-)