phone GPS

outkast

If you buy memory map you can have os mapping and air charts with moving map.

I have been using this since 2004

You can download your track after with speed hight ect.

Pete b 8)

I have just been looking at it and the instructions, it has sport mode too, wich allows you analize your speed, distance , time, averages of the above etc, it seems like quite a comprehensive bit of kit.

Dave,

What phone you got ? I'm due an upgrade and looking at Nokia n95 with 8gb memory. Will this do the whole gps/airmap thang?

cheers

alex

its a nokia N82, you can down load maps from all over the world, you can save favorite route etc, handy if you occasionaly fly to the same location, just a pity its not gat a altimeter also :D

I'm with Pete. Memory Map is the dogs for all outdoor activities not just flying. Another big advantage is you can print the map at the scale to suit you to take as a back-up for when the sun shines on your screen.

Cheap from eBay even for legal versions. PM me if you need more convincing.

Cheers

Paul

I am a dealer for the Mem Map software,

I will put it on as a product of the week before the Tip to Tip.

Regions cost £20 in 1:250000 the entire UK is 8 regions.

Any other questions, ask away.

SW :D

Dave,

What phone you got ? I'm due an upgrade and looking at Nokia n95 with 8gb memory.

I have had a couple of N95s now ... they make a fair impression of a camera, its a bit slow between shots.

As a phone its sort of OK, the contacts manager sucks

As a GPS forget it. 2 hrs battery life with the GPS on, assuming it even gets an initial fix, which can easily take 15 minutes, if you are stationary, if you are moving, it probably goes flat before it finds itself.

Frequently crashes, battery life of just over a day or so, if you forget to charge it overnight, it WILL die on you next day.

Worst phone ive ever owned

I like my N95 but the GPS certainly is crap, I had a free trial but didn't go beyond that as the bloody thing would rarely connect.

My mrs has a new Blackberry though with sat nav which connects instantly and the battery lasts forever!