Iceland project 2022

Angelo

Hi everyone :)

My name is Angelo, and around 2 weeks ago I fell in love with a video I saw of YouTube of a few people flying in Iceland on their Paramotors. 

I have decided with a few friends to start this adventure/dream and make it come true. 

We know that flying there is not a joke and the terrain can be pretty dangerous if we would have to do an emergency landing, and considering none of us has ever tried a Paramotor before and have just 1 year of time to train, it might sound irresponsable or even silly to do. 

But there is to say we are all very motivated, ready to train as many hrs as possible during this year, and we can't wait to start! 

This is also to show people who have been thinking to start this passion that it's something accessible and amazing at the same time. 

And to show people they should follow their dreams more often in their life :)

So happy I found this forum full of people with the same passion and way more experienced, can't wait to meet some of you and start my training. 

If you want to follow our adventure please check here, there are 2 episodes up already:

I plan to document everything from the start to the end of this epic journey! 

If you have any advice or just you want so say hi please do so :D

Angelo 

Edited by Angelo
  • Like 2

Hi Angelo and welcome.

Chilly is so right when he says paramotoring will change your life. I have been flying for 13 years and still love it as much as I did at the start, perhaps even more so.

I hope you can get lots of flights and experience in before your planned adventure, that will give you confidence when you're flying. looking forward to sharing the journey with you.

58 minutes ago, alan_k said:

Hi Angelo and welcome.

Chilly is so right when he says paramotoring will change your life. I have been flying for 13 years and still love it as much as I did at the start, perhaps even more so.

I hope you can get lots of flights and experience in before your planned adventure, that will give you confidence when you're flying. looking forward to sharing the journey with you.

Thanks a lot Alan! Can't really wait to be up in the air 😁

i got myself a motorized telescope fer xmas! shot a few pics of mars last week, and tonight I'm hoping to get some of the moon as forecast is for clear sky. I imagine like Iceland, the main problem is managing to stay outside taking pictures long enough without your knackers freezing off...

Mine is a wee bit smaller - got so I could have it in the motorhome for clear nights out in the wilderness. Here in town, light pollution is crappy but still got some decent mars pics* so hoping can get summit tonight.

stu

*probably pretty crap to most folk - but to me...thinking about photons having being emitted from the sun in all directions. 150 million miles later a tiny fraction hit mars, AND at just the right angle so they reflect off, travel another 60 million miles or so, a tiny fraction not only hitting earth, but hitting it just right to that they can travel through the atmosphere, down my telescope and be absorbed by my eye/camera. fecking mental.

anyway.. here it is - single shot as tracking not working yet. When it it I will be stacking and getting far clearer shots.IMG_20210112_221721.thumb.jpg.6d6395272793fa40ad141055322330a6.jpg

• Like 3