Jump to content

Controlled Airspace

Recommended Posts

Following discussion in another thread about transponders, it prompted me to contact my local ATC and see what they would require for clearance to fly inside the CTR. Interesting answer: must phone before flying to make aware of flight plan; contact on radio as soon as airborne. No transponder needed. So only requirement is a radio and call-sign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same for me within Halfpenny Green ATZ. As long as they can contact you and you can hear what is happening with the other traffic they are happy.

I rarely enter the ATZ nowadays but always contact ATC because I am close to the airport and awareness on both sides is increased safety.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Create New...