PAP or Maverick?

Im thinking about a new machine. Ive  been looking at the Maverick (ive already got zenith and i do like the parajet guys) or maybe a PAP tinox with an atom 80. Has anyone got any recommendations? Cheers

I cant tell you anything about the PAP but I am the proud new owner of a maverick and from an engineering point of view it all feels like good stuff. Everything well machined and all fits like a glove. If I had to be super critical I would like to see the tank just a little shorter so it wasn't on the ground in the event of a bad landing. Im going to fit a motocross style skid plate under mine just in case. Also the fuel filler is in a proper twat of a spot. I am going to try and get a permanent funnel 3d printed.

Is there anyone out there with a tinox? if so what do you think? Whats it like to get into the harness after launch? That was the only thing i found to be a pain on my old PAP. The zenith is really easy to get into the seat after launch. 

7 hours ago, Flypapuk said:

Pap all day long, easier to assemble, slightly lighter, cheap netting if it breaks, stronger main chassis for butt landings, great back up service from the UK main dealer 😉 

Your welcome to try before you buy 

Danny 

what does a pap frame weigh? Is the frame all stainless? I looked on the website but couldnt see any weight declared

6 hours ago, simonhunny said:

what does a pap frame weigh? Is the frame all stainless? I looked on the website but couldnt see any weight declared

http://papteam.com/paramotor_tinox/?lang=en

Weights are on the bottom of this page for all engines.

Watching your thread with interest.... my other thoughts are a AC nitro or miniplane. The latter sound very cheap to repair.

12 minutes ago, paraflyer17 said:

http://papteam.com/paramotor_tinox/?lang=en

Weights are on the bottom of this page for all engines.

Watching your thread with interest.... my other thoughts are a AC nitro or miniplane. The latter sound very cheap to repair.

thanks. My latest paramotor is a skymax with atom 80, I am 88kg & after 2 mosters & a nitro this is my fave thus far. 19kg & low noise/vibration makes flying a joy :) 

12 hours ago, Flypapuk said:

One of my Tinox Atom's is 19.4kg with apco split leg harness, the other is 21.3kg with the supair harness, 

The new supair has a pivot on the seat so it's easier to get in to 

Is there an option on the harness when buying from pap?

On 13/02/2020 at 11:23, Flypapuk said:

Yes, just specify when ordering, if you send an email flypapuk@gmail.com , state size and style 

Thanks Danny

Have you tried one with an eos 150 in? Just wondered what they were like compared to the moster? 

• 3 months later...

Just to say i went for the PAP TINOX in the end and i am very pleased. Its a really nice bit of kit and way way easier to put together and take apart than the Maverick which was my other option. The 2020 moster is a big improvement over my older model too.