Impuls paramotor

Walt

Does anyone out there have any experience with or reviews of Impuls paramotors? I've seen an advert for one, but they seem quite new and I'm doing some research to see if they're any good, but there's not much info out there. Thanks. 

• 2 months later...

I have bought the Impuls LT. Very good value for money and build quality. I did replace the prop bolts, as the ones that came with it were full thread stainless steel with 4mm allen key heads which stripped (the heads, not the threads). I got hardened steel bolts from Accu.co.uk, product code: SSC-M6-75-12.9 and stainless steel washers product code: HLDW-M6-A2. I've only managed one flight with our poor recent weather, need to tweak the harness for easier entry. 

• 2 months later...
On 14/03/2020 at 21:54, Walt said:

I have bought the Impuls LT. Very good value for money and build quality. I did replace the prop bolts, as the ones that came with it were full thread stainless steel with 4mm allen key heads which stripped (the heads, not the threads). I got hardened steel bolts from Accu.co.uk, product code: SSC-M6-75-12.9 and stainless steel washers product code: HLDW-M6-A2. I've only managed one flight with our poor recent weather, need to tweak the harness for easier entry. 

Be careful using 12.9 bolts. It is common mistake that stronger is better, it isn't when you have vibration. Going stronger makes them less resistant to vibration because softer, more ductile steel is more flexible.

Hi Andy. Thanks for the info. What prop attachment bolts are recommended for mounting an e-Prop to a Moster? When I did the research to replace my bolts I found that the yield and shear strength of 8.8, 10.9, 12.9 all exceeded that of the stainless steel screews that were fitted, so looked at the torque values and found the following max torque values for M6 bolts.

8.8 : 8-10.5 Nm

10.9 : 12-14.7 Nm

12.9 : 14.1-17.7 Nm

The Moster manual recommends torquing a carbon prop to 10-12 Nm (so 8.8 are a bit low) and I have 12.9 bolts that have attached a prop to a Thor 100 for about 8 years, so thought 12.9 bolts would be most suited. Any info on this appreciated. Thanks. Walt.

• 1 month later...

Hi Walt how are you getting on with the LT. Just going through school myself and thinking about equipment. Have you needed any spares how has the LT held up assuming you have managed a few more flights now. 
Any update much appreciated.

Hello Stuart. I have had about 20 flights and 5 hours on it now and overall I'm pretty happy with it. Still find it harder to get in the seat than other harnesses that I've flown (Bulldog & Dudek) but you just have to use one hand to pull it in behind your knees. I have damaged the net and got a replacement net with all the rivets delivered for £40. I got it from Pawel at Parazone in Nottingham, and the service has been good. Hope this helps.

Walt, much appreciated thank you for the reply, can I ask what you flew before or it this your first Paramotor? 
We are using Parajet and FlyProducts at my school so that is my only point of reference. I have flown combinations of 185/Atom 80, Maveric/Fly Products, for a novice I only seem to notice the harness and power rather than anything else. Talking with my trainers they highly recommend the vitorazi motors and Dudek harnesses, but have not really pushed the cage.

I would like new gear, Impuls comes in at a similar price to most newer second hand units with the Moster +, it seems a no brainer. Is it that simple or am I missing something? Is it a badge thing like BMW/Ford.

I am also talking with Pawel and found him very knowledgable and not pushy at all.

Stuart.

Hello Stuart. I flew a Miniplane with their standard harness and a top 80 and a Miniplane with a Dudek harness and a Moster plus at the training school. I then bought a Bulldog with a Polini Thor 100 as my first paramotor and now have the Impuls. The Dudek harness was the easiest to get into, the Miniplane standard the hardest. The Bulldog harness (high hangpoint) is ok to get into, the seat board feels big and the whole harness feels very stable and comfortable (Ideal for cross country). The Impuls harness seat board feels smaller and feels "wobbly" which is a feature of a low hangpoint machine, but obviously turns a lot quicker and you can steer it quite a bit just using weightshift. For me a Moster was a no brainer, performance, spares etc and I also wanted new, so I know the history and keep up all the recommended maintenance. I do like the Parajet Maverick, but the cost was prohibitive for me and if you look at the cost of a replacement net at £300-£350 compared to £40 on the Impuls, future costs may also be high. The Impuls is good value and I will probably upgrade to a Dudek harness in the future. Hope this helps. Walt.