Cold weather flying

AndyB

23 hours ago, Hann__ said:

It`ll be our turn down here in the south all weekend

Not much fun until after 1730 ish tonight.  100% dark clouds.

TO in complete nil wind and cam back in 8 mph bumpy air - very weird for Davidstow, and the wind was coming from the coast!!

Better tomorrow we hope :-)

I plan on getting to the field early - about 11 - taking off for my first flight at 12, land about 2:30 - 3, have a warm-up then have another cheeky 1-2 hour bimble before dusk.

Hopefully the air will be smooth and any thermals will be weak.

If it doesn`t go to plan i`ll have a snooze in the sun and take off later!

epic.PNG

...and Lo! There was flight, and my body was released from the grip of the firmament
By an almighty and irrepressible force
And i was able to soar, and i saw, many a wondrous vista that was laid out before me
My gaze resting upon the earth as if from the heavens
Verily, i transcended to a higher state of being, alive, and in realization of what achievement this is
And then, it was to be, as it can only be, to the terra-firma once more reunited

And on this occasion thusly, not once but twice: genuflect, with limbs out-stretched
Because i fecked up me landings and fell over  - no fluffed landings for nearly 2 years then two in one day!
Bugger..

Edited by Hann__
i edited it
  • Like 2

I spent two hours above the clouds this afternoon and it was awesome - bright and sunny, warm, and mega-smooth air at 3000`+.

Below the fluffy stuff though was a different matter - lumpy, cold, grey and moody.

I`ve noticed that phenomenon twice on recent flights - warmer at higher altitudes than lower down - noticeably so.

20181025_163932.JPG

• Like 2