What do you all think of Captain Kurt from Flight Junkies?

Hello everyone, my name is Chris and I'm a newbie to this sport. I am looking to get some training and I wanted to ask you all about flightjunkies.com and Captain Kurt. He says that he will come to my house and train me for free as long as I purchase the equipment from him. This really sounds too good to be true because with all the other training schools, I have to travel out of state and pay a few thousand dollars so is there a catch I need to be aware of with flightjunkies? Is the equipment very substandard with inflated prices?

If Captain Kurt is not someone I should go through, could you please recommend a school to me. I live in East Tennessee.

Hi,

Had a friend that was trained by him..did not have anything really bad to say other than he is quick to push you into a trike if you are not "getting" the footlaunch thing. Also seems to really push the older Edel wings. I would find a place that lets you train on their stuff and buy whatever after the course. Nothings for free!

B

Just don't whatever you do train with that weird guy from Utah who is all over youtube and sells his own brand of 'super' gear - that's the only certain advice I can give you.

Ive seen Kurt on YouTube - looks like a bit of a character.  I have no experience of the gear he sells or his training but I'm sure he's a genuine guy, if a little eccentric, and a competent teacher but you should talk to some people who have been through his package and get their view and ask him how long he would expect to spend training you.

Ultimately, he makes his money on the sale of gear so you are still paying - no such thing as a free lunch. How much time can he afford to really invest in training a student? Flying these things isn't too hard but I wouldn't want to be rushed through the training and I'd be happy to part with a few hundred dollars more to do it right.

Having said that, paying someone called "capt fister" to come to your house and suspend you in a harness while he "teaches you a lesson" in most cases would cost a lot more than a paramotor so maybe go with it.. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Patrick1 said:

Having said that, paying someone called "capt fister" to come to your house and suspend you in a harness while he "teaches you a lesson" in most cases would cost a lot more than a paramotor so maybe go with it.. 

?

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest i would get trained by blackhawk...my reason,they dont fill their youtube channel with competitor trashing rot!

I dont think there is really any difference between instructors who have taught hundreds of students (whether its dell,captain k, or mike robinson)...but i honestly think mike and his crew are honest guys and that means a lot to me!

Edited by adamjedgar
  • Upvote 1