Thailand training?

AndyDavao

Hi,i am a total newbie,done tandem flights in pattaya and polomolok (mindanao) earlier this year,but i am seriously considering taking training in Thailand early next year as i would love to have a paramotor,it would be ideal for travelling in some areas,has anyone trained in Thailand who can reccommend a Thai school?Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the basis of personal experience, I can recommend Dream and George (Pattaya, Thailand) if you want to learn to fly paramotor, paramotor trike / quad or ultralight aircraft. Me and my friends learn with them first basic paramotor stuff and later how to fly trike/quad and tandem flights.

They have all the services available (including pilot training, renting services, repairs, modifications, storage space, hangars, introductory flights, aerial photography etc.). Private airstrip and paramotor training areas.

Dream have more than 15 years of experience, he is officially licensed teacher and after you do the course you can have international FAI license (official license is very important. It is not just some course certificate from the school, which doesn't have any value anywhere).

Check: http://flywithdream.com/

Cobra Paramotors Co.,Ltd. http://www.cobraparamotors.com/about-us

Edited by FlyThailand
More info about FAI license

I contacted George from Cobra Paramotors just recently and he said he is too busy with other stuff at the moment to do any training.....so he also highly recommended David from Paramotorthailand.

I am now booked in with them next Monday 17th October......can't wait.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Flythailand,if your the russian gentleman from nongprue?i had a microlight flight with you once which i thoroughly enjoyed,i might have had a tandem paramotor flight with dream if he is a thai with a pony-tail,he works with a really nice irish guy sometimes?I will be back in LOS soon i am just doing research on the best schools and suchlike at the moment,firing off a few e-mails today,thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12 October 2016 at 08:36, rsquared said:

I contacted George from Cobra Paramotors just recently and he said he is too busy with other stuff at the moment to do any training.....so he also highly recommended David from Paramotorthailand.

I am now booked in with them next Monday 17th October......can't wait.

Cheers.

How was the course mate,good week?Did you have insurance?

Well I am happy to report that I have completed my training with David from Paramotorthailand, and I can confirm that he is fully competent in all aspects of training including air laws, weather. aerodynamics, safety.....and most important, he has great interpersonal skills. Meaning he has patience and tolerance for all types of students.

He is Spanish, but speaks English fluently. He has his PPL (Private Pilots License) and his own plane. He has designed his own paramotor cage...Cameleon, and when I told him I am happy to support him by purchasing one of his own frames, he told me no, because he is not happy with their weight. How honest is that??? So I am getting a Polini 130 on a much lighter but strong frame.....the same as I trained on.

I can sincerely recommend him, he is straight forward and keeps things simple and easy to understand with a happy temperament

Cheers.  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really need to share this.....during my training, I had a fellow student who was well versed in flying fixed winged aircraft, but not our floppy pillow cases.

Due to my previous experience with paragliders, I advanced faster than my fellow student, and subsequently was airborne while he was still getting his brain to re-adjust to a more "hands-on" feeling of a wing with strings attached as opposed to pedals and levers. He had hit a brick wall with his ground handling and was not progressing at all.

Two weeks after I got back home I contacted my fellow student, to see how he was going.

Due to many complications, he had to suspend his training and go back home.....some 10 hours drive from the training site. Our wonderful instructor "David" insisted he take home one of the school gliders and harness so he could practice until he returns to continue his training. How good is that???....in this day and age, to find trustworthy people like this is such a breath of fresh air.

Once again....I can highly recommend David if you intend to learn to fly in Thailand.

Cheers. 

Edited by rsquared
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Dubai Kev said:

I frequently holiday in Phuket Thailand.  Would any one know if there is any club in Phuket that hires gear for visiting pilots? 

The only school in Phuket....Sky Club Asia..unfortunately has closed. 

If you really want to fly, there are a couple of schools in the Pattaya region.....a long way from Phuket I know....or you could try Chang Mai.....even further away.

Unfortunately that is all I can suggest.

Cheers.

I am not the kind that often leaves comments though in particular cases i think it is not only warranted but important. Prior to moving from to Thailand I had learnt hang-gliding in Australia under a very strict and safety conscious regime. In Thailand motored flight is preferrable and so I decided to learn Paramotor. 

Understandably I had some major concerns about safety and quality of instruction with an interest to still maintain a reasonable price. The reason I am taking the time to write this is the confidence that I now have in having choosen the right instructor/mentor. 

I will not waste any time in dribbling on about all the little details but sum it up as follows: I have recieved real and practical training with safety and communication in mind. Mentoring did not cease at the completion of the course and I continue to fly with my instructor every month when I return to Thailand and build on my skills. 

Thanks Dream and the team @ flywithdream.com 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 14:18, rsquared said:

Well I am happy to report that I have completed my training with David from Paramotorthailand, and I can confirm that he is fully competent in all aspects of training including air laws, weather. aerodynamics, safety.....and most important, he has great interpersonal skills. Meaning he has patience and tolerance for all types of students.

He is Spanish, but speaks English fluently. He has his PPL (Private Pilots License) and his own plane. He has designed his own paramotor cage...Cameleon, and when I told him I am happy to support him by purchasing one of his own frames, he told me no, because he is not happy with their weight. How honest is that??? So I am getting a Polini 130 on a much lighter but strong frame.....the same as I trained on.

I can sincerely recommend him, he is straight forward and keeps things simple and easy to understand with a happy temperament

Cheers.  

Doing my training with David at the moment,really enjoying it,the indian paramotor team are here also training for the world paramotor championships here in a few weeks,life is good.

• 2 weeks later...