How to: Blogs, Calendar, Uploads, Downloads... more

How do I ‘Frequently asked questions’ for the new Paramotor Site. 

Available to all members when logged in. 

1. Adding a location to the Members Map. >Members Map>Add location 
  2. Update your profile picture. >Go to your profile page > Drag a picture into the empty circle (note, free members can not update the banner image)
  3. Adding pictures to your posts. > Start a new post in the normal manor, you will see at the bottom of the box you type into, 'Drag files here to attach' 
  4. Upgrading your membership after you have joined. > Shop> Purchase the VIP membership> your membership will upgrade automatically 

As well as the above, also available to paid members when logged in. 

1. Uploading a file to the downloads area. > Visit the downloads page from the browse tab> Click submit a file> Drag and drop them in.
  2. Setting up your signature. > Click the arrow nest to your name at the very top of the screen> Account settings> Signature. 
  3. Status Updates. > Visit your profile page> Click Edit Profile> There is a slider near the top of the page to opt for status updates. 
  4. Adding an event to the calendar. > Visit the Calendar page from the browse tab> Click Create event. (please only do this if you have images for the banner and a good description of the event. (you can request RSVP also by using the slide tab when creating your event) 
  5. Uploading pictures to the gallery. > Visit the Gallery via the browse tab> Click Add images> Drag and drop in the files. This will automatically create ‘your’ album and add them to your profile. 
  6. Starting a Training Blog. > Visit the training blogs page via the browse tab> Click Create Blog. If you are a current student, please do consider this option as the benefit to others is huge! 
  7. Shop. > Discounts to full members will apply to ALL products in the shop automatically when you log in. (shop items being added in the coming weeks) The discounts will vary depending on the item but will apply to ALL but the full membership. 

If you have any questions or issues, please message me. 

SW :D

• 5 years later...

Get proper training.

Don't buy any kit until you are at least part way through your training and you know this sport is for you. You should have an idea of what sort of flying you want to do by then, this can influence your future purchases.

Don't rush things. If you have any doubt about a flight, don't fly.

24 minutes ago, alan_k said:

Get proper training.

Don't buy any kit until you are at least part way through your training and you know this sport is for you. You should have an idea of what sort of flying you want to do by then, this can influence your future purchases.

Don't rush things. If you have any doubt about a flight, don't fly.

All of this!  👆 

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, scooter79 said:

I am new to this sport and self training. I've flow already with a hard landing. As being self taught I would love to have some pointers and advise. I need someone who Flys to answer a few questions 

Why not ask an instructor whilst you're being shown everything that new pilots need to know?