Bailey V5 idle problem

paul2289

Hi paul

I have relied to your post before..

Paul bailey has asked me to post on here for him as he said he has tried to post on this forum before but said his posts never appear???

Anyway.. He is aware is your issue and said if you email pb@baileyaviation.com he will help you with your problem.

You can give me a call if you like.. 07867317307

Regards

Mark

Sussex Paramotors

Hi Mark,

Thanks as always. This post is a follow on from your suggestion about the idle jet as its taken me this long to get around to striping the carb down.

Living in Lancashire i don't want to keep bugging you with my problems as i cannot even buy you a beer :)

I will drop Paul an email, my inlaws live in Norfolk so dropping it off with him to repair is not a big issue but hopefully he has some ideas.

Hummm, I think thats a 'mistake'

Please get his username or ask him to call me directly and I will answer. Then I will ensure that he can post (and make sure that it is actually also working at the moment)

Anyone else having problems posting?

I will also be able to see if any attempts to post have been made in the past and failed, or indeed even when he was lasted logged in.

SW :D

Thanks for that :-) :-) I will pass it on ASAP...

But as you say... your post goes live yes?

The error page is generated because for some reason it is not bouncing you to the 'message posted' page...

I don't want the blame for a lack of reply / customer service here... LOL

This forum does do some funky stuff every now and then to be fair :-(

I know the web guys (today) have been working on anti hack and anti virus stuff so maybe this has 'helped' cause this today?

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread, just wanted to make sure he could reply :-)

Hi Simon...

Not all is lost.... some members have learnt about carb's... and some may reflect on importance of finding an actual faults!

Carbs are not a diy task!

To everyone, one of the best books to buy for the apprentice is fundamentals of motor vehicle technology ( the red cover version) by VAW HILLIER. get it on ebay for a couple of £'s...

Covers carbs in detail.

Hi Paul,

You might also want to check that the clunk in the tank is clean, it might be that it has some dirt n it that does not allow enough fuel at idle but as you increase RPM it increases the suction and works ok. I had it on another machine not too long ago.

While your at it check for kinks in all the fuel and air hoses.

Barry

I took my motor to Bailey today and they fixed in 30 minutes.

The issue was the o-ring between the cylinder head and intake manifold was missing. This resulted in it drawing in too much air on tick over and leaning the mixture to the point of causing it to stall.

At higher revs the extra air did not matter as it was very small as a proportion of the air coming in.

They also did a mini service and checked the carb over so i am good to go and cant wait until the next flyable day.

Thanks all.

• 2 years later...