New EOS 100 engine 20bhp

The new engine

The EOS 100 is a brand new engine made by new start-up from Austria. Check their website for more info here: http://www.eos-engine.com/. The tech specs sound very promising: as powerful as the Polini 100 while lighter than the top80, with clutch and forced cooling.

EOS100-2.jpg[/attachment]

Quality and finish

Nice finish, All CNC machined. Well designed - it is obvious they did a very good job in reducing weight by milling off all unnecessary material.

DSC_0879_1

Some parts look like toys. The DLE carb is much smaller than the Walbro used on Moster. The connector for fuel line looks literally funny - i guess it fits a 4 mm fuel hose. I had to adapt it for 6 mm fuel lines that are standard for paramotors. The pulse hose is sooo tiny. The rubber mounts are half the size of Moster's. The airbox is ehm... different. The motor is just different. They have engineered everything from scratch without making shortcuts or sticking to common patterns (most engine manufacturers actually use the same Italian pistons and cylinder heads). The EOS pistons are from Japan, the cylinder head from Taiwan, different carb, different airbox, clutch...

These guys did everything to keep the weight low. Getting 20.5 HP from 100ccm is nothing special. But keeping it at 9.8 kg is.

Yes, the engine is very light. Its not just numbers, you can really feel the difference. The SCOUT is light even with the Moster. With the EOS engine even litgher.

Quality and finish

The build quality seems legit.

Nice finish, All CNC machined. Well designed - it is obvious they did a very good job in reducing weight by milling off all unnecessary material.

EOS100-2.jpg.72942610f90348ddf3ff0b0720b

EOS100-3.jpg.3823f21bca7fe847b6b39827630

• 5 months later...

bought one of this (on the way now, ETA next month).

Will make the frame and cage from stainless steel.

Anyone ever tried it?

Any idea where can I buy carbon prop for this engine?

Is it ok if I use the one for TOP80 on this? (the only prop I have this moment).

I will make a review once I tried it ...

bought one of this (on the way now, ETA next month).

.....Any idea where can I buy carbon prop for this engine?

Is it ok if I use the one for TOP80 on this? (the only prop I have this moment).....

The Top 80 prop normally has 4 holes and the EOS has 6 so it won't fit.

Even if it did it would produce less thrust as it a little under pitched.

I can supply a carbon prop for this engine send me a message and I will reply with details

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great little engine, been playing with one for a little while. Got more power from it with a larger 130cm e-prop. Very economical but then it should be at 100cc. Fairly quiet. Looks the business compared to the top80. Very similar in performance. I think the EOS pips it a bit for spool up and thrust. Maybe just the extra 20cc.

Easy to start. Sounds good.

It flew me at 86kg and a gtx22.

Better suited to a lighter pilot or larger wing to get the best from it.

Here's a quick vid of me starting one.

It has an external decompressor which is why I can pull the starter out slowly and then a sharper tug to start it. It's a good starter no snatch back or anything like my old Thor. The revs climb a bit before clutch engages (small engines require that typically) clutch comes in smooth.

Pokey little engine.

You can hear more prop than engine once it's spinning. Plus that's my quieter 130cm e-prop.

http://youtu.be/OdwSzWQWWDI

• 2 years later...