Nucleon vs GTX

dmpatanis

Hello,i have the Nucleon 29 and i want to change it with GTX.

Can you give me some pros or negatives??

I am 80kilos and i have Sky100.

Thanks a lot.

I fly a nuc 29 also and have been thinking about changing, for me its a choice between the GTX and a nuc wrc, so far everyone i have spoken to who either owns who has flown both has said that if i like my nuc i should proberly get the wrc not the GTX

DMP

The Nuc and GTX (stands for "Grand Touring X-country") are basically designed to do the same thing. I'm not understanding the need to switch.

What are you lacking on the Nuk? Or if your just needing a change and a new wing that's different :)

But the nuc is a much better xc wing

Dave, go see Alex and Mike as they have both GTX and WRC.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other but the feel from each is very different.

You will find pilots who prefer one over the other and say that is the best.

I prefer the GTX purely for the feel, it feels more alive and I enjoy that. A long time Dudek pilot might say its twitchy, where as a long time Paramania pilot might say the Dudek feels dull.

It's all totally personal and calls into question not only what flying you want to do but how much of what type of feel you want.

Dave, go see Alex and Mike as they have both GTX and WRC.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other but the feel from each is very different.

You will find pilots who prefer one over the other and say that is the best.

I prefer the GTX purely for the feel, it feels more alive and I enjoy that. A long time Dudek pilot might say its twitchy, where as a long time Paramania pilot might say the Dudek feels dull.

It's all totally personal and calls into question not only what flying you want to do but how much of what type of feel you want.

Vince that's exactly what I did, I had a long chat with Alex last weekend about it, he asked what I like about the Nuc, when I told him he said go for the WRC.

still going to try a GTX though :D

I agree, Dave stuck in his ways, spending his flying hours under a nuke he will naturally go for the WRC. To me it seems pointless changing.

I have also a few customers switch from nuke to GTX so truly my votes still out.

Slalom is the next to consider as I read it's not just for slalom racing.

I agree, Dave stuck in his ways, spending his flying hours under a nuke he will naturally go for the WRC. To me it seems pointless changing.

I have also a few customers switch from nuke to GTX so truly my votes still out.

Slalom is the next to consider as I read it's not just for slalom racing.

I geuss it depends on wich way your flying is going, if you want to start wanging it around low then you would proberly go for the GTX or the GTR regardless of your current wing, if you love the Nuc for it straight line performance and don't require too much "wangyness" then you are proberly best to go for the WRC.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the WRC much better than the old Nuke?

I haven't read any back to back comparison. What are people saying.

I was under the impression it's a re-lined nuke with plastic rods in the leading edge. Is there more to it. I'm not doubting I know the wing has good performances, I was questioning the need to change from Nuke to WRC version.

Is the WRC much better than the old Nuke?

I haven't read any back to back comparison. What are people saying.

I was under the impression it's a re-lined nuke with plastic rods in the leading edge. Is there more to it. I'm not doubting I know the wing has good performances, I was questioning the need to change from Nuke to WRC version.

from what info I have gleaned so far , yes it is vince, its a doddle to launch, wich already makes it better than the old one, Clive has had Michells 32 for a while and says he could not believe how fast it was, its just as stable as the old nuc but is more reactive to the brakes, all things wich make it better for me anyway.

• 4 weeks later...