Hambrook Grass

bholleran

As you know Charlie used to live on site and was responsible for access to the field as well as pulling out any ragwort etc so that it could be used for hay.

Charlie is no longer on site and has been unhelpful in sorting the field out for the land owner. So the hay has remained uncut for much longer than normal.

We did offer the land owner the option of us cutting it for him and paying him more money but at the time he declined.

The landowner has now decided that the hay cannot be used and should be cut in the next 2 - 3 days.

If anyone is really keen to fly then they can cut their own strip and fly from today.

I think this is a great oportunity to try and convince him that with a few extra members and \ or extra cash from existing members . That we could have a section available to be kept short all year round.

As sson as i have confirmation it is cut I will post on the forum.

As you know Charlie used to live on site and was responsible for access to the field as well as pulling out any ragwort etc so that it could be used for hay.

Charlie is no longer on site and has been unhelpful in sorting the field out for the land owner. So the hay has remained uncut for much longer than normal.

We did offer the land owner the option of us cutting it for him and paying him more money but at the time he declined.

The landowner has now decided that the hay cannot be used and should be cut in the next 2 - 3 days.

If anyone is really keen to fly then they can cut their own strip and fly from today.

I think this is a great oportunity to try and convince him that with a few extra members and \ or extra cash from existing members . That we could have a section available to be kept short all year round.

As sson as i have confirmation it is cut I will post on the forum.

Thanks for the update Barry. I dont personally have access to the site as I did not pay last time there was an option to do so (due to a minor broken ankle problem!) but I know Pie Steve will be pleased to see this post.

He had to fly with me up my way last time and put up with my complete inability to locate him once I had taken off ... :mrgreen:

Hi

Both myself and barry spent about 4 hours striming an area of around 35m across. Its sort of round :lol: I hope to go back on monday with seymores ride on mower and finish it off...

I plan to make it a 50m circle.

As far as i know Paul the land owner is happy for us to have this area cut for now.... Next year may be different...

Hi All

I have now managed to cut out a 35m ish area and have also have a chance to mark out the 50m circle.. Myself and barry spent around 4 hours on friday striming and i spent another 5 hours yesterday striming. Steve came down with seymore's ride on but for many reason's it didn't work.

SO... If you require more than a 35m take off runway i would get your self down there and do some striming. We now have a metal bladed weed whacker that barry kindly went out and bought (with his own cash). It is at my house at the moment so give me a call if you want to go.

We are not sure what is going to happen next year with the hay. Barry is talking to paul about having our own little area in the field that we will have to keep cut but this is likely to cost us!!

Would everyone be happy to PAY MORE??? or Would it be best to open it up to more People. Both i and barry know of at least another 10 people interested in flying at hambrook.

Having more people will ease the load on cutting the grass (if we get the circle) but will mean more traffic at hambrook.... and as we know its a fairly sensitive site already.

We may also have to restrict numbers going to Hambrook if we have a busy weekend say after a long period of bad weather.

Regards

Mark

Get DMWood on board, he's absolutely minted!!

In fact, he may buy the field for us....... :roll:

Don't mind paying a bit more, just so long as we do not have the same mess about that happened this year!

I will have some time available this week, so will be up on Haze's roof and could then pop down to do some cutting as well if you want Mark?

Could bring trailer for the ride on mower as well.

The ride on mower was less than useless... If you have one might be worth taking it...

This year has been a mix of problems... the only reason we would pay more is if we get an area to keep short or if we have to Buy a ride on mower/tool to keep the area short enough for us to use....

Mate I just purchased an ATCO mini tractor / ride on mower from e-bay for £200. :-)

Is cuts amazingly well (even on a rough field) unlike the new plastic rubbish that you can buy now for £800+++

It pulls a very heavy roller and I now have two awesome flat runways.

To be fair, its currently broken down at the other end of the field but its only a belt to replace the 20 year old original one!!

SW :D

Get DMWood on board, he's absolutely minted!!

In fact, he may buy the field for us....... :roll:

If you keep buying my phones thats a cert mate :mrgreen:

Im in on the payment contribution side if its opened up but its a fekking long way to come to cut grass.. I only need to step out my back door to do that.

Perhaps you should have a CUT and FLY IN Morgy :?: NO CUT NO FLY :wink: