Trimmers out on a revo 2

Fly_mow

Had a nice flight early Sunday morning covering about 20 miles around my house. Got a chance for the first time, to experiment with the trimmers. Only thing that I found strange is how awkward it is to use the wing tip stearing lines as they seem so high up and inaccessible to use if you were flying quite activly. What I was wondering is.........

Is this the normal set up?

Is there such a thing as control Lines that "clip" onto the wing tip lines?

Either way the flight was brilliant, clear blue skies and the Sunday morning people below( dog walkers and golfers mainly!) most of which seemed really pleased to see me.

Thanks peeps. Stu

My best advice would be to take off the tip steering lines and throw them away- there are issues with the knots slipping on them anyway which can lead to problems. (enough posts have covered this already)

To steer when trims are off completely I mainly weightshift, but if I need an extra bit of turning capacity, then just pull the tip line directly.

GD

I fly a Revo2 and although I am wary of the prusic knot I just include it in my preflight for every flight. When I use the WTS I have never removed the velcro handle, I always just hook a finger around the line and that works really well (pic).

TBH I hardly ever do that as weight shifting works perfectly (in a Parajet Lightweight Harness).

324941_10151161765489664_391743111_o.jpg

It sounds like you dont have a tip steering kit fitted.

But thats the point of the above picture.... you just dont need one. Just reach up for the line hook your finger around it and give it a gentle pull :-)

SW :D

Ye that's how was steering on Sunday morning. Just felt a bit awkward? But then if ya only trimmers out on a xc or want to eat up miles then gentle weight shift will keep ya on the straight course. Thanks for the help. Either way I love my revo.

Kinda like ya first car I suppose. Or first girlfriend :lol: might not be the fastest or the best or the sexiest but its the one you lost your cherry to!!!!!

Thanks for the replys. Can't say I've noticed any Velcro handles and can't see anything in the manual???? Can you elaboraborate for me? :lol:

Did you buy the wing new? The velcro handles are just a velcro tab with a small loop on it that is on your risers. Do you have a short line running up to a prusik knot? This would be your WTS line.

Ye that's how was steering on Sunday morning. Just felt a bit awkward? But then if ya only trimmers out on a xc or want to eat up miles then gentle weight shift will keep ya on the straight course. Thanks for the help. Either way I love my revo.

Kinda like ya first car I suppose. Or first girlfriend :lol: might not be the fastest or the best or the sexiest but its the one you lost your cherry to!!!!!

Stu the wing tip steering lines are in the rucksack, I took them off because they kept slipping, I just reached up and grabbed the line to steer.

Cheers Dave. I was going to have a look last night but I've got the bag inside out as a stuff sack at the min so would have meant getting the whole lot out. I will have a look this evening.

Really nice flight tho Dave. You will have to come and play soon. :wingover:

Cheers Dave. I was going to have a look last night but I've got the bag inside out as a stuff sack at the min so would have meant getting the whole lot out. I will have a look this evening.

Really nice flight tho Dave. You will have to come and play soon. :wingover:

definately mate, I got some sites down that way i want to get some pics of. :D

It's a date. I'll keep an eye on the weather and let ya know. I fancy a bit of a mission now I'm more comfortable with the flying. More time to take in the sites and views instead of looking at the wing and thinking about every thing that moves!

I got one trip in mind I would like to do, fly down to the medway and get some pics of the forts on the river, its around 8 miles each way, best done with south easterly wind so we get a quick ride home :D

I taped the prusic knot on the fusion, haven't slipped since then.

I'll bear it in mind. Going to try and fit the liness back on the weekend just to try them.

And Dave that sounds pucka. Plus there is the fort at east tilbury which makes a nice sight and a land mark for flying home. And there is a pub next to it :wink: