Where to fly?

bilbosmeggins

Hi all

Managed to get signed off at Airways a week or so back, have all the gear and am ready for the off. Only problem is off from where? I'm currently based in Kidderminster. Any ideas anyone? There is a farmer to whom I have spoken before who has potentially got a field (he's a micro-lighter), but nothing is set in stone as yet. Any advice appreciated. More than happy to chip in towards a field or two.

Cheers, Andy

Hi all

Managed to get signed off at Airways a week or so back, have all the gear and am ready for the off. Only problem is off from where? I'm currently based in Kidderminster. Any ideas anyone? There is a farmer to whom I have spoken before who has potentially got a field (he's a micro-lighter), but nothing is set in stone as yet. Any advice appreciated. More than happy to chip in towards a field or two.

Cheers, Andy

Hi Andy

There's a field in Powick in Worcester a few people use, look out on the Worcester section, I'm sure someone will post soon... The more the merrier.

I fly there when I can it great place to fly

Cheers

Carl

Cheers Carl, much appreciated. Is the Powick site common land or a negotiated site? Must be a great site to fly as there is some cracking scenery out that way. Will look forward to hearing more :)

powick is not common land,belongs to me.mike/richard,carl etc lol..oh..and the sheep.cows...lol///// we are just waiting for the grass to be cut. to long to fly at mo..the worcester kite buggy feilds are good to fly,they charge £5 but you must show insurance, come on down when grass is cut i will post here.....,

.the worcester kite buggy feilds are good to fly,they charge £5 but you must show insurance, .....,

When you say "show insurance" do you mean proof of the BHPA rating (and it's associated 3rd party insurance)? If so then that sounds like a plan. As does mixing it with the cows/sheep and other assorted oddities at Powick :)

Don't call Jock an oddity, he gets upset. No issues for the rest of us though, it might be accurate ...... lol.

Looking forward to flying Powick again, great scenery.

Nearly 8 hours flying over the last two days. Free flying Llangollen today, very good.

Richard.

Was Donnison flying at Llangollen today? He practically lived there at one stage :)

Always best to get your own field, as it helps with noise/nuscience/28 day rule/etc. I've now used my latest site for 28 days in the last 6 months and now had a 3rd complaint in the same period, so will be moving on soon.

Show the farmer your rating and insurance, with pictures of what he's expected to see, make sure no one else is already flying from the site and offer £70 for 1/2 year's use. No issues.

Richard

Always best to get your own field, as it helps with noise/nuscience/28 day rule/etc. I've now used my latest site for 28 days in the last 6 months and now had a 3rd complaint in the same period, so will be moving on soon.

Show the farmer your rating and insurance, with pictures of what he's expected to see, make sure no one else is already flying from the site and offer £70 for 1/2 year's use. No issues.

Richard

Hi Richard

Thanks for the info. If £70 seems to be the going rate then I've no qualms with that whatsoever. And, at the risk of being thick, could you explain the 28 day rule to me please as I've not encountered it before. Cheers :)

Just local planning laws. Any activity performed on a site not orginally designated for that purpose can do so for 28 days in any year, without planning permission. Affects shooting clubs, zorbing activities, etc.

Jock, I've just bought 2 new pairs of flying trousers!!!! Don't think they'll start any major fashion trend though.....

Richard