Looking for help with your opinions of 2 flying schools

Hi all

just wondering if anyone would recommend either of these two schools for a newbie training.

Green Dragons Paragliding & Hang Gliding Centre (Caterham) or

Airworks Paragliding (Sussex)

If need be i could seek out the motor side elsewhere.

i would greatly appreicate a speedy response to this if i could be so bold please.

Kind regards

I did my EP at Airworks 4 years ago with Steve Purdie and can highly recommend them. They are just up the road from Mount Caburn which will get you fit if the wind dictates going there! My only reservation if I have one is that when I tried to talk to him about reflex wings and motors he wasn't very up to date or interested in the paramotoring side of things.

But then I have heard good things about Green Dragons too but have no personal experience of them.

Good luck with your decision.

Ian.

Hi Vinnie,

I don't have personal experience of these schools, so can't really comment, but would say you're better off going to a specific paramotor school if that's what you want to learn.

While you'll pick up some good skills learning to paraglide, many techniques are different once the motor is attached, so it may end up costing you more in the long term to learn to paraglide first, then have to unlearn or relearn things to then do it with a motor somewhere else.

Steve Haze is in your area (Redhill I think) and is paramotor-specific. His website is www.learntoparamotor.com - I believe he's 'resting between assignments' at the moment but may be able to point you in the right direction.

Alternatively, if you fancy combining learning with a holiday in Spain, I can definitely recommend Alex Ledger at Skyschool ( www.skyschooluk.com )

HTH

bests

Carl