whats the bull dog like

andy1977

hi everyone does anyone know what the bull dogs like i looking at buying new next year thats when i will start some lessons also but im worried about buying something thats no good im 80kgs and about 5,11 im just want some infor on whats good and whats to keep away from thanks everyone

I am an avid fan of the bailey brand as no surprise to most on here BUT the buldog would be the 2 stroke of my choice great machine and amazing customer service as far as i have been told by steve haze. If bull dog did a low hang point four stroke then!!! mmmmm :wink:

I avoided commenting as I know that people will assume my comment is based on the fact that I sell them.

BUT, as Clive will tell you... I waited a year before I did so.

GOOD :D

The Paramotor is very well built with a new pilot in mind. It is both strong and very cheep to replace cage parts.

The service is great, with a 3-4 week lead time from order which is a big plus for anyone in spend mode.

The harness allows for a huge amount of adjustment allowing the 'larger gentleman' to pop in and out of it with ease.

NOT SO GOOD :|

Although this is of course entirely personal, there is no low hang point option.

No electric start. Which I use a lot during flight on my motor.

Not sure where you live, but feel free to pop to Swindon I am happy to show you around the motor :-)

SW :D

I would love to tell all about the Bulldog, but others have suggested that I am biased about it :wink:

Electric start versions later in the year (2012). Also resurrecting our original low arms which where put aside in favour of the active high which gives better comfort and satiability.

saw one of the first ones at a lemmings fly in, was very impressed with the biuld quality, Clive freeman on here has the moster powered version and loves it, I am sure he wil be along to comment on this thread.

at 80KG you are lighter than me, I fly the kobra with the polini engine and it got more than enough grunt, so the polini version will suit you well.

as long as the makers of the bulldog can keep up the good customer service I think they are goner steal alot of customers away from parajet.

whatever you decide, have fun and fly safe :D

Great news about the low hang point arms will they be active arms for the more advanced pilot wishing to thermal/weight shift....

will the electric start be with the thor 200???

I have to say the bull dog harness is very comfy indeed... and very adjustable for most shapes.

I am of course a Bulldog dealer, so take my liking for this with the expected pinch of salt that is my natural bias...but I am bias because I like the machine. This is why I teach on them and sell them.

The machine packs down very small for transport and has a lot of clever ideas (like the removable fuel tank with a strap so you can walk to a petrol station...and magnets for keeping the pull-starts on your shoulder).

They are also one of the most comfortable paramotors I have flown and very easy to get into the seat. This makes it an excellent machine for me teaching with....oh and to go with that, they are also very durable. Students landing with legs up happens a lot and the Bulldog is wearing the impacts well.

As for the low hangpoints...I'm not a fan of high hangpoints, myself. There's nothing wrong with them, it's just a personal preference for my flying style.

I mentioned this to Clive and I've seen the prototype low-hangpoint system that he is working on. It looks good. A good weightshift ability but with pitch stability. Suffice to say I have been badgering Clive to be one of the first to test this out when he has them available.

Anything I haven't liked about the machine, I have fed back to Clive and he is always willing to listen to suggestions and is probably at the top of the list when it comes to "Who gives good after-sales care?"

As for the electric start - I'm not completely sure on this, but I think it is for models other than the Polini 100 that allow an electric start.

All the best,

I like mine. I haven't flown anything else to compare it with but never really felt the need - I felt comfortable with it from the start. It's done 11 hours in the past few months with no problems.

There are a few minor niggles but as far as I am concerned the positives outweigh these.

P.M me if you want to know anything specific

Update on my last post.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from Steve Haze (who

I bought my Bulldog from). Both he & Clive were concerned that I might have problems with my Bulldog & wanted to sort these out ASAP.

To be honest I'm not that concerned that I feel anything really needs sorting - I'm just being a bit OCD. But it's good to know that there is genuine concern about a customer.

My views on my Bulldog are elsewhere on this forum (and in my post above)but to reiterate: If I won the lottery & could buy any Paramotor I wanted, I would save my money & keep my Bulldog.

Update on my last post.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from Steve Haze (who

I bought my Bulldog from). Both he & Clive were concerned that I might have problems with my Bulldog & wanted to sort these out ASAP.

To be honest I'm not that concerned that I feel anything really needs sorting - I'm just being a bit OCD. But it's good to know that there is genuine concern about a customer.

My views on my Bulldog are elsewhere on this forum (and in my post above)but to reiterate: If I won the lottery & could buy any Paramotor I wanted, I would save my money & keep my Bulldog.

thats good to know theres someone you can speak to thats one of my worries if i get one if i have a promblem because im new to this getting it fixing and serviced ive already seen one but im going go and have a look again

I've got the Bulldog Moster and i have to say its a lovely bit of kit. I like just about everything about it. I use to fly the pap pa 125 , but i think that the Bulldog turns better than the pap and its so much nicer to fly. Allot less nasty bumps but still gives you the input you need to know what the wing is doing. Great customer back up , Clive showed me around his factory and you will not have to worry about spares, plenty on the shelf. Not that you should need any its a strong bit of kit .

Try before you buy you will not be disappointed.

I've got the Bulldog Moster and i have to say its a lovely bit of kit. I like just about everything about it. I use to fly the pap pa 125 , but i think that the Bulldog turns better than the pap and its so much nicer to fly. Allot less nasty bumps but still gives you the input you need to know what the wing is doing. Great customer back up , Clive showed me around his factory and you will not have to worry about spares, plenty on the shelf. Not that you should need any its a strong bit of kit .

Try before you buy you will not be disappointed.

001-Optimized.JPG.779a61c358c666519b9f5c

I'm not happy...

My Bulldog is back (good turnaround by the way - 2 days to cure my OCD niggles & to have a few little tweaks).

Now can we have some half decent weather so I can get out & fly it? Please.

I'm considering hiring it out as a leaf blower - anyone got any more suggestions on alternative uses for a paramotor for when the weather's crap?