Ozone Mantra M2

just out of curiosity has anyone flown a Mantra M2 under power?? I'm getting one and although I don't have a paramotor I wondered........................

I woulnt fly the mantra on power.its a pg comp wing.you need 100 plus hrs for comp pg wings.when it tucks it will be big time.and you will be well over the max clip in with power,the wing will be well over stressed on the lines etc.lots of safer pg wings to fly with on power.do you free fly a lot,i hope so.comp pg wings dont like flying slow.and any rough air and you will be doing acro like it or not.if you do not free fly a lot and have lots of hrs,leave the m2 well alone.........

just out of curiosity has anyone flown a Mantra M2 under power?? I'm getting one and although I don't have a paramotor I wondered........................

It's a high end DHV Class 2/3 wing, so you need extensive experience to fly this thing safely. http://www.para2000.info/wings/ozone/ma ... tests.html

They have been flown under power (last years comp model)

but, I would steer clear of it if you're a low hours pilot.

Contacting Ozone for their opinion of this wing under power would be a waste of time, due to the usual legal issues. Even though they file the report under their paramotor section http://www.flyozone.com/paramotor/en/ne ... 6/07/1652/

Hope this helps.

Richard

Norris flies more than any one else, he lives at the bottom of the hill and will even go up for 10 mins if it looks ant where near flyable.

He is a very very experienced pilot.

But not at missing ant hills on a paramotor :wink::D:lol::lol:

Thats good news pete,the m2 will not let you get away with even little mistakes.100percent active flying at all times.it wont recover on its own. nowt wrong with ant hills as long as your are a bigger bug,,lol////////////

Hi Norris,

I have an Ozone Addict which is a DHV2 wing and fly it as designed as a paraglider but one day took it up for a flight with my paramotor. Although it flew OK and was quite easily controllable it kept managing to set up a dutch roll even at very modest power settings. The motor kept causing it to roll regardless of what I tried. I have never had any difficulty with any other wings I have flown under power.

I am not saying the Mantra will be the same but it may exhibit similar characteristics or it could be just fine. Good luck.

John Coutts